Archived Topic

It was the McMangum Miracle!

by bigbluepuma · 9/7/2015

Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
Mangum began his career with the play that finished Mc Mahon's career. It's amazing to be a legend after less than half a game. I sure hope we aren't too disappointed with the inevitable reality check that is coming when he meets teams that are prepared for him. I thought that he played brilliantly, but history says that he still has a large learning curve to go through, and he has some very good teams to learn against. The team will have to step up a lot to help him if they are to be successful. The defense will have to find ways to replace the production of Tuiloma if they are to hold the opposing offenses down to defeatable scores, and they will need a lot more production from the running backs to open things up for Mangum. I am usually the ultimate blue goggled homer, but I just think that it will be very tough to replace the production and leadership of Hill with a freshman, three months off his mission, with almost zero experience. I think that Mangum will have a brilliant career, but I don't think we can just expect to see him immediately set the world on fire (although he has already done that).
F
frdbtr
Oh, believe me, reality set in after the game for me as soon as I heard Taysom was out for the year. Think of it this way, we lost or second best offensive player before fall camp even started and we lost our best offensive player half way through the first game. We are now faced with BYU's most difficult schedule ever without our top 2 offensive players. Mangum is going to have to be the most brilliant true freshman ever in order to get us through that schedule. I think we still go bowling but if BYU fans are whining about an 8 win season (if we even get that many) all off season, we should be ashamed of ourselves. This will be Bronco's toughest challenge IMO.
S
SpiffCoug
McMahon played a whole other season after the 1980 Miracle Bowl.
D
Ddawg
SpiffCoug wrote:
McMahon played a whole other season after the 1980 Miracle Bowl.


Damn-it Jim!! You're always so -so -so serious. :whistle:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.