Archived Topic

Taysoms tweet

by a1247 · 9/6/2015

Advertisement
A
a1247
This tweet from Taysom might tell us what he's thinking right now. The football gods have taken a great player from us far before his time. We all should feel robbed for not being able to see him play anymore.
I
imuakahuku
No medical hardship?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
He could. The question is does he want to?



Assuming he fully recovers.
S
SpiffCoug
imuakahuku wrote:
No medical hardship?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

It wouldn't be an issue. Played in well less than 20% of the team's games. Season ending injury. I don't think he has previously taken a red-shirt.



But will he want to. He's what? 26-years old. So he wouldn't be able to play again until he's 28?



I think he's going to hang it up and move on with life.
A
a1247
SpiffCoug wrote:
No medical hardship?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

It wouldn't be an issue. Played in well less than 20% of the team's games. Season ending injury. I don't think he has previously taken a red-shirt.



But will he want to. He's what? 26-years old. So he wouldn't be able to play again until he's 28?



I think he's going to hang it up and move on with life.


On the radio they said he would be 27, is it really worth rehabbing again knowing no matter what he does next year no NFL team would touch him given his age and injury history. Plus they were saying they heard a rumor that he has already had a big money job offer waiting for him. Is he done? Only Taysom can make that decision. But he probably should be done.
Advertisement
R
Raiderboy
SpiffCoug wrote:
No medical hardship?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

It wouldn't be an issue. Played in well less than 20% of the team's games. Season ending injury. I don't think he has previously taken a red-shirt.



But will he want to. He's what? 26-years old. So he wouldn't be able to play again until he's 28?



I think he's going to hang it up and move on with life.


He wouldn't take off next year, he'd get a hardship for this season (and last) and play next season. We definitely want the guy back.



You obviously want to be at least 2 QBs deep. And he'll likely be better than and start over Mangum next, no matter what happens this year.



A 6th year Senior QB could be the recipe for beating Utah early in the season next year.
B
BroncoBot
Life is short, as is eligibility. I'd play another year if I was feeling up to it.



Anyone know if Hill is going to have surgery?
S
SkystheLimit
Even though he would probably easily qualify for a medical redshirt, my suspicion is that today was Hills last as BYU quarterback. From articles I have read, I get the feeling Hill may have know his playing days were numbered. He has been so fun to watch and it's sad to lose him this way, but as has been said here, sometimes the Lord has a different plan for use than we do.
C
Cougs_Rule
Lisfranc >>>> broken ankle or ACL. Yes, there is a question of does he want to. But the greater question remains, probability/likelihood that he could successfully rehab and play. Go ask Chad Lewis how easy this is. IT will be interesting to see what he does.
M
Mars


The only way I'd want Hill to play at QB again would be if Mangum got hurt.



Technically, I've read he might be able to be rehabbed by the bowl game this year.
Advertisement
U
Ungoy
If Taysom wants to take another run at it, I wonder if he considers a position change to running back or defense.



I can imagine a backfield consisting of Mangum, Williams and Hill being deadly.



I can also picture Taysom laying the boom at safety or something like that should he be able to pick it up quickly enough.



It would be interesting to say the least.



Of course, I think this all stems from me not wanting to see the end of Taysom's career.
I
imuakahuku
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Lisfranc >>>> broken ankle or ACL. Yes, there is a question of does he want to. But the greater question remains, probability/likelihood that he could successfully rehab and play. Go ask Chad Lewis how easy this is. IT will be interesting to see what he does.


I saw reports that it is a sprain (not a break or dislocation) which is still very serious but they hint that if it reacts well over the next six weeks and doesn't require surgery he could recover sooner rather than later but they still say it is unlikely he will be able to play this year which to me is a win as his rehab may not have to be as aggressive as the broken leg. I am hesitant to compare him to Chad Lewis in that Chad was several years older when he was injured and I believe his was a break. So I hope he returns for next year to finish up with Williams and I get to watch him in a BYU uniform again (I admit I am completely selfish in hoping he comes back).
C
Cougs_Rule
This could present a real dilemma. Because if he does want to comeback, I really can't see him playing safety or RB. Not BC he can't but BC if he comes back he will give his all to play in the NFL, which means his best shot is at QB. But then again, would the NFL really want a 27 year old? So, who knows. But if he comes back that could be a very challenging for both TM and TH and the coaches.

Who would you play? Assuming TM by end of season has really kicked into high gear. Could be a good poll question.
S
scott715
Coming back for the bowl is possible. I'd love to see him in NFL.
B
blue42
I have loved watching Taysom play, if anyone wants to know what grit looks like, it is him. I would be very conflicted if he came back next year, especially if Magnum has a good year this year. If Tanner does have a good year I don't see Taysom coming back because I could see him knowing it could mess up the QB situation even more than it has been through Bronco's tenure.



Something else to think about, which could sway him, does anyone know if he or BYU took out an injury insurance policy against him? That is normally standard practice for high profile college athletes.
Advertisement
Y
YNot
If Mangum performs well this year, Hill could play a role similar to Braxton Miller with Ohio St. I actually believe Urban Meyer is on to the next evolution in college football.



In the game against Virginia Tech, Miller had a 53-yard rushing TD (6 carries from the QB spot) and a 54-yard TD reception (2 receptions for 78 yards). There were times when Miller was lined up at QB and Cardale Jones in the slot.



I could imagine Hill getting about 10 plays at QB and additional plays in the slot or even the backfield. Great weapon.
R
redneckjedi
YNot wrote:
If Mangum performs well this year, Hill could play a role similar to Braxton Miller with Ohio St. I actually believe Urban Meyer is on to the next evolution in college football.



In the game against Virginia Tech, Miller had a 53-yard rushing TD (6 carries from the QB spot) and a 54-yard TD reception (2 receptions for 78 yards). There were times when Miller was lined up at QB and Cardale Jones in the slot.



I could imagine Hill getting about 10 plays at QB and additional plays in the slot or even the backfield. Great weapon.


I second this. I would love running an outside zone read with Mangum and Hill, and having a run-pass option for both after the give-keep read. It makes the interior pass rush almost irrelevant, and in compensating for that the defense could leave inside runs wide open. And the trickeration possibilities are sweet.
U
UCChris
How incredible would it be for Taysom to come walking out to take the first snap at the bowl game this year?! That would be something.



If Taysom wants to return next year, I'd have TM/TH stand side by side every snap. You never know which one it is going to. That'd play havoc on a defense in a very unique way.
S
scott715
I think Louisianna Lafette ran a two QB scheme and did well with it. Almost beat Auburn I thimk.
S
stuckinbig10country
If Taysom were to come back next year to BYU, he'd be the starter at QB. But I see two more likely scenarios.



1. Rehab in time for the combine/senior day and try and make the NFL, or



2. Graduate and transfer and play at a different school (Michigan).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.