Archived Topic

Sometimes God has a different plan than we had for ourselves

by frdbtr · 9/6/2015

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
My heart is sick today for the young man that I am sure had plans of playing in the NFL for most of his life. I am not talking about wins and losses here. Taysom Hill is one of the freak athletes you only see once in a lifetime. All 3 of his injuries were freak incidents. I know Taysom will be successful at whatever he tries but this is really devastating.
G
Guest
I love Taysom Hill. He is a great ambassador for all that is good about people and sports. It's heart breaking that something he loves so much has been taken from him again. God bless him.
C
Cougarfan87
Yes, He does. He knows us better than we know ourselves...what will bring us the most happiness as individuals and the most growth. It is a hard lesson to take sometimes, but if we truly want to maximize our happiness, we have to follow His Individual plan for us.
S
Screamineagle
Taysom I was so looking forward to seeing what you could do this season.I have never met you but can tell that you are a great guy.You will excel in whatever you do.I am heart broken for you but I know you get the big picture and will move on.Taysom if you never touch another football thanks for the memories I have loved watching you play. Good luck and all the best.
N
nuk13
We'll be cheering for different things in the next world.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Big time bummer. Solid OP. Im not much of a sign seeker, but this one makes me kind of scratch myt head.

These injuries dont seem as obvious/diagnosable as the second biggest athletic freak to attend BYU, Luke Staley, and his floating knees; similar to JP (third biggest athletic freak?); and he doesnt seem to be the prototype "injury prone"--although he has been. I am therefore left to conclude, that Heaven just wants him in other places. IT will be interesting to see if he even seeks a medical redshirt or just hangs it up entirely.

From the article this summer about his intership at a SL VC Firm, THill will do just fine in life and career.

Weird. ONe of the most gifted QBs to play at BYU--and had he played out his Sr year, his passing on stellar levels and running on big stages would no doubt place him on at least the second tier of QB greats (Beck, Hall, etc), serious Heisman consideration,as well; but alas, he will be on the most respected and gifted QB list never to fully attain his destiny. He will be the QB with an asterisk next to his name. What might have been. Glad its not the end of the world for him, but im sure he is majorly down today. What a bitter sweet victory.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.