Archived Topic

MVP of the game

by urroner · 12/23/2009

Advertisement
U
urroner
Somebody on the SLTrib article http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14053149 said that the MVP of the game should have been:

1 - BYU defense

2 - OSU punter



I can't find too much to argue against that.
S
snoscythe
I think it was Russell Tialavea in the second half. He was owning the OSU line, and his penetration kept slowing down Jacquizz and allowing the other defenders to throw him for a loss so frequently. RT was a man possessed tonight.
A
ABYUFAN
RT snow just named you the MVP of the LV bowl... what are you going to do next? "I'm going to the MTC!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
CougarPeasant
ABYUFAN wrote:
RT snow just named you the MVP of the LV bowl... what are you going to do next? "I'm going to the MTC!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Clever. ;)



I'd also add the Mighty Wind as Co-MVP.
B
blue42
snoscythe wrote:
I think it was Russell Tialavea in the second half. He was owning the OSU line, and his penetration kept slowing down Jacquizz and allowing the other defenders to throw him for a loss so frequently. RT was a man possessed tonight.


I watched the jump RT got off the ball all night and I was totally shocked. You would have though OSU would have changed up their snap count a little to throw him off or get an offsides on him, but they didn't and he kept getting great penetration all night.
Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
I think a lot of credit goes to Jaime Hill and the DBs. As was noted several times during the game, the Cougars played man-to-man most of the night. Could we see this more in the future? We showed we have the athletes to mix it up a little more.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
L
Lawboy
I give the MVP to Coach Hill. Just as he did in the OU game, he schemed and called a near perfect game. The teams seemed set up for every play perfectly and we were very aggressive all over the field. I loved how the announcers kept pointing out that BYU was playing man to man pass coverage on the corners, and that we never do it. And what I loved most is that it worked. Perhaps the wind helped, but it showed that we can in fact play it and allow the other 9 guys to be more aggressive. It reminded me of 1996, we Morgan and McTyer played man all year, and that defense was just really good. Amazing what a defense can do with great corner play. All credit to Logan, Bradley and Aguirre, because they played great all game long.
M
mormonrasta
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I think a lot of credit goes to Jaime Hill and the DBs. As was noted several times during the game, the Cougars played man-to-man most of the night. Could we see this more in the future? We showed we have the athletes to mix it up a little more.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




For me, the MVP was Scott Johnson. Most of the guys out there were there to play a football game, Johnson was there to kick A$$. I thought the defense fed off his energy and physical play.
G
gmj81
Scotty is gonna be sorely missed. For what he's done for this team, he might be one of the most unheralded Cougars to play in this decade. He's just so solid.
D
Ddawg
gmj81 wrote:
Scotty is gonna be sorely missed. For what he's done for this team, he might be one of the most unheralded Cougars to play in this decade. He's just so solid.


Ditto!! Woof!! Bam!!

:crazy:
Advertisement
M
Mars


Senior DE Jan Jorgensen had a great game playing offense- the dude averaged 6.5 yards per carry! :D



Also, he is tied currently with TCU DE Jerry Hughes for the most sacks All-Time in the Mountain West Conference.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.