Archived Topic

Rain on the parade

by jbluesuu · 9/6/2015

Advertisement
J
jbluesuu
ESPN is reporting Taysom is out for the year with a broken foot.
G
Guest
Bronco says he has the dreaded lisfranc foot issue, apparently happened without any contact during his touchdown run. Done for the season, possible career ending.
K
KingCoug
Some are saying he's got job offers so he may not be back.



Even if he does return, if history is any guide, it would only be a matter of time before he got hurt again.



Maybe time to put our money on another horse.
S
SpiffCoug
Like Jordan Pendleton and Luke Staley before him, some guys are uber talented, but just don't have the body that can stand up to the repeated punishment of high level football.
G
Gunk
Rotten luck. Hill was looking good too before the injury. Throwing some nice passes. Will miss watching the Hill show. Thanks for all the fun, Hill.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
H
HoosierCougar
SpiffCoug wrote:
Like Jordan Pendleton and Luke Staley before him, some guys are uber talented, but just don't have the body that can stand up to the repeated punishment of high level football.


I thought the same thing. And if he comes back w/a medical hardship, do you bench Mangum? #nomoreQB2
B
BroncoBot
Huge wet blanket on the victory. Loved the way Mangum played, but was very excited to see a healthy T. Hill this year.



Lisfranc injuries are just awful all the way around. Difficult to treat, surgically technically difficult, almost always the person ends up with pain down the road.



Best of luck hill, with whatever you decide.
B
BroncoBot
BTW, I read somewhere around here about Taysom having "brittle bones". Not the case. Anyone's knee would have be damaged by the USU hit, anyone's ankle would have broken being tackled as he was against the same USU defender. BUT, I suspect this injury may have been a case of "brittleness" as Hill likely did not have enough time back on his feet with full contact activity. I'd guess that his foot simply wasn't ready for the rigors of a full football season after rehabing and protecting the same foot most of the last year.
R
Raiderboy
BroncoBot wrote:
BTW, I read somewhere around here about Taysom having "brittle bones". Not the case. Anyone's knee would have be damaged by the USU hit, anyone's ankle would have broken being tackled as he was against the same USU defender. BUT, I suspect this injury may have been a case of "brittleness" as Hill likely did not have enough time back on his feet with full contact activity. I'd guess that his foot simply wasn't ready for the rigors of a full football season after rehabing and protecting the same foot most of the last year.


Well it was reported that he's a weight room warrior. That can tighten up everything and make you susceptible to certain injuries ala Tiger Woods. He should have been focusing on flexibility on that entire leg and foot as much as the weights. Hope he did and it wasn't an oversight by the conditioning coaches.
M
Mars


If he comes back to BYU, I would hope that it would be as the #1 RB.



I wouldn't mind seeing him transfer to the #1 ranked FCS school, win a national championship, and go to the NFL either. But personally, I think that his injury history makes the work and risk not worth it. He can make a great accountant and have a good life without football.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.