Archived Topic

LV Bowl, half time BYU 23-7

by CougarPeasant · 12/23/2009

Advertisement
C
CougarPeasant
I was really worried about the team and going against the wind to start the game. Giving up that easy TD to OSU as well made me think, "Oh no, here we go again."



Fortunately, the team is better prepared andfocused than last year and looked really good the rest of the half.



And how about those 6 yard punts by the OSU punter? What a fiece wind.
T
timmyboy
What the heck is up with the call at the end of the half? Clearly the wrong call. Zero question about it. And the refs confirmed it, along with some "official observer" for ESPN? Totally incorrect.
U
Ungoy
timmyboy wrote:
What the heck is up with the call at the end of the half? Clearly the wrong call. Zero question about it. And the refs confirmed it, along with some "official observer" for ESPN? Totally incorrect.


Agreed... I don't know what was going on there. McKay was clearly out of bounds with 2-3 seconds left on the game clock easily. How they could keep the clock running when he's down, out of bounds I can't fathom.
T
timmyboy
The only thing I can think of is forward progress. But that's pretty hokey...
I
imuakahuku
I think they ruled his forward progress was stopped and he was pushed backwards. It doesn't matter if he went out of bounds. If he had pitched it backwards out of bounds the clock would have stopped. Chambers is not having a good game. I hope he picks it up in the 2nd half.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
timmyboy wrote:
The only thing I can think of is forward progress. But that's pretty hokey...


If they guy hadsn't been pushing him back and he ran back on his own it would have been bogus but I think it was the right call. Let's see what the refs on this site think.
T
timmyboy
Either way, BYU is playing just fine. Good playcalling this game... hard to believe ;-). BYU can take this one to the bank if they keep the throttle in the same place during the second half.
C
CougarPeasant
Great start to the2d half. Can we say LV Bowl 2006 Redux?!!!!
I
Italics
Yeah, this game is over. Now it's only a matter of whether we make this a complete blowout, or OSU makes it look semi-respectable.
C
CougarPeasant
the beavers are beat. they look like they know it too.



Of course, the critics will say they were disappointed they didn't go to the Rose Bowl instead and that is why BYU won.
Advertisement
Y
Y 4 Ever
if you are running backwards when you go out of bounds, then the clock doesn't stop. You have to be going forward. I once watched a :utard: receiver catch a pass on the sideline, and immediately jump out of bounds. But the clock didn't stop because he jumped slightly backwards when he did it.
C
CougarPeasant
37 unanswered points.



Can we say



TOTAL DOMINATION



Well done BYU. Well done.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.