Archived Topic

Roster Announced for Spain trip

by Qman · 8/18/2015

Advertisement
Q
Qman
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=36009527&nid=272&title=byu-sets-roster-for-10-day-4-game-hoops-trip-to-spain



Kyle Collinsworth

Nate Austin

Chase Fischer

Corbin Kaufusi

Cory Calvert

Jake Toolson

Kyle Davis

Jamal Aytes

Cooper Ainge

Jordan Chatman

Nick Emery

Zac Seljaas



Basically our whole team is going.


The Cougars open the trip Wednesday against Eurocolegio Casvi, and the team will also play Albacete Basket, the European Basketball Academy and CB Castelldefels in the trip through the cities of Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona.


Looks like we are playing some lower level competition.
N
nuk13
Qman wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=36009527&nid=272&title=byu-sets-roster-for-10-day-4-game-hoops-trip-to-spain



Kyle Collinsworth

Nate Austin

Chase Fischer

Corbin Kaufusi

Cory Calvert

Jake Toolson

Kyle Davis

Jamal Aytes

Cooper Ainge

Jordan Chatman

Nick Emery

Zac Seljaas



Basically our whole team is going.


The Cougars open the trip Wednesday against Eurocolegio Casvi, and the team will also play Albacete Basket, the European Basketball Academy and CB Castelldefels in the trip through the cities of Madrid, Valencia and Barcelona.


Looks like we are playing some lower level competition.

Thanks for posting this Q. I look forward to seeing how this team comes together and this trip should tell us something.
G
Gunk
Any idea on television ?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SpiffCoug
I'd imagine zero TV options.
Advertisement
S
scott715
634093020892282880
S
scott715
634120276201086976
W
Wolverine
scott715 wrote:
634120276201086976

This is great! Thanks for posting. I like what I see, albeit a meaningless summer game in the rain in Spain. I especially like what I am seeing in regards to the interior game with Austin, Kaufusi, Davis, and Aytes. Looks like Aytes is finally healthy and quite active considering the number of trips to the foul line. I am fairly optimistic about this team come November.
B
BroncoBot
Strong rebounding by Aytes, Austin, KC (of course), Davis, Kaufusi. That should help right away. Yes we lost a guy who scored in bunches and was Mr. Consistent, but I think this years team has more potential from a defensive/rebounding standpoint. And may be just as potent on offense.
Q
Qman
BroncoBot wrote:
Strong rebounding by Aytes, Austin, KC (of course), Davis, Kaufusi. That should help right away. Yes we lost a guy who scored in bunches and was Mr. Consistent, but I think this years team has more potential from a defensive/rebounding standpoint. And may be just as potent on offense.


Did the other team have any legit size?
Advertisement
S
scott715
They won today 75-52. Nebraska is playing the same tour as we are but a day ahead. We are winning our games by about 5 points more than they are.



Albacete was one of the top teams in the Spain-EBA league in 2014-15, finishing with a record of 21-8 and was one of 16 out of 80 teams to advance to the EBA Final Stage playoff.
S
scott715
634498023767322624
N
nuk13
scott715 wrote:
634498023767322624


This would be interesting to follow during the season.
Q
Qman
Any indications who is going to seize the guard minutes next to KC?
Advertisement
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.