Archived Topic

BYU Cougars in NFL 2015

by scott715 · 8/15/2015

Advertisement
S
scott715
Exhibition games are starting up. Rob Daniels will be playing today. Any news on how are guys are doing and who will make the final roster?
S
scott715
Here's a list



http://www.heraldextra.com/special-section/football/college/2015/byu-and-other-utah-valley-football-players-in-the-nfl/article_2ddb1c8e-ba4f-5c61-b626-531a77e3ddf0.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Here's a look at BYU and other local football players who are on NFL rosters:



BYU players in the NFL



Ezekiel Ansah, Detroit Lions, defensive end

Rob Daniel, Oakland Raiders, cornerback

John Denney, Miami Dolphins, long snapper

Hebron Fangupo, Kansas City Chiefs, defensive lineman

Alani Fua, Arizona Cardinals, linebacker

Spencer Hadley, Oakland Raiders, linebacker

Paul Lasike, Arizona Cardinals, running back

Jordan Leslie, Minnesota Vikings, wide receiver

Devin Mahina, Washington Redskins, tight end

Dennis Pitta, Baltimore Ravens, tight end

Dallas Reynolds, New York Giants, guard

Daniel Sorensen, Kansas City Chiefs, defensive back

Devin Unga, New York Giants, linebacker

Kyle Van Noy, Detroit Lions, linebacker

De'Ondre Wesley, Baltimore Ravens, offensive tackle
S
Schmoe
Dennis Pitta will apparently start the season on the PUP list. I sure hope he can get healthy and stay that way for at least a couple of years; dude's got so much potential.
B
BroncoBot
Van Noy and Ansah both dealing with nagging injuries it sounds like



Ansah with ankle and Van Noy... not sure exactly.



Anyone have any details?
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
BroncoBot wrote:
Van Noy and Ansah both dealing with nagging injuries it sounds like



Ansah with ankle and Van Noy... not sure exactly.



Anyone have any details?


All they've let on about KVN is that it's not the same injury as last year's sports hernia, and it's not another hernia in general. Other than that they just say it's "worsening".
S
snoscythe
It sounds like KVN's injury may be the same thing, but on the other side of his body now. It's just weird that they are being so shy with details on a guy headed to the IR for the second season in a row.
N
nuk13
I just went on the tweets sight to the right. There is a clip of Vic So' oto playing for the Packers against the KC Chiefs. The commentators were talking about something while Vic drifted out in the passing lane, stepped in front of the receiver and packed the ball into the end zone and did the L L. About the time he passed the line of scrimmage One of the guys noticed it and started shouting until he made the leap. He'd already had 2 sacks and the guy said he'd make the 53 man. I'm starting to like the Packers again.
S
scott715
I thought Vic was out of the league. Did he get signed?
Advertisement
G
Guest
scott715 wrote:
I thought Vic was out of the league. Did he get signed?

I remember just seeing something about him trying out for olympic rugby.
N
nuk13
I went to the Packers' sight and there was no sign of him. I looked at the video again but there was no date. I have no idea what's going on.
S
scott715
It probably is a few years old.
S
scott715
Paul Lasike is on Chicago practice squad. 4 LBs from 2013 made the cut. Van Noy, Unga, Hadley and Fua.



DeOndre Wesley is on Baltimore practice squad.
T
tmoney35
scott715 wrote:
Paul Lasike is on Chicago practice squad


I wonder how Lasike went from being hailed as the probable starting FB to not even making the final roster at AZ. Was it bad performance in pre-season games?
Advertisement
S
scott715
That's a head scratcher. AZ I heard really doesn't use the FB so that could be part of it. I think they blew it.
G
Guest
And just like that the Bears have cancelled Lasike's contract.
S
snoscythe
tmoney35 wrote:
Paul Lasike is on Chicago practice squad


I wonder how Lasike went from being hailed as the probable starting FB to not even making the final roster at AZ. Was it bad performance in pre-season games?



Almost no NFL teams even carry a FB on the roster anymore.
S
scott715
Unga with INT tonight.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.