Archived Topic

USA Today article on Taysom

by TulaneVandyRiceCoug · 8/3/2015

Advertisement
J
jbluesuu
It sounds like Hill is a lot smarter than I thought. I never thought he was stupid but this article shows he is smarter than most. Very wise decision.
G
Guest
Hill's a smart guy, that's for sure. Glad to hear he's having success on and off the field.
E
EM_Puma
Great article. I wouldn't be sad if he decided to spurn the NFL in the end. Unless he's a 1st or 2nd rounder, I don't know if he should take the risk. It's going to be hard, after two season ending injuries, to be worried every time he has the ball.
B
byufan4ever
Did anyone else catch this part:


"Emotionally, we lost our quarterback, we lost to Utah State and it was kind of just like, oh, well, we're independent so where do we go now?" offensive tackle Ryker Mathews said.


Unless I read this wrong, we have a player saying that because we're not in a conference, once we lose a game, there's nothing left to play for. I thought only the fans felt this way and the players had something to play for each and every game...makes another case for conference need?
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
I also did not know this:


But Hill's intelligence and aptitude shouldn't be any surprise, particularly given that he was supposed to be Andrew Luck's heir apparent at Stanford until the school wanted him to return six months early from his Church of Latter Day Saints mission to Australia, at which point he decided to attend BYU.
S
Schmoe
byufan4ever wrote:
Did anyone else catch this part:


"Emotionally, we lost our quarterback, we lost to Utah State and it was kind of just like, oh, well, we're independent so where do we go now?" offensive tackle Ryker Mathews said.


Unless I read this wrong, we have a player saying that because we're not in a conference, once we lose a game, there's nothing left to play for. I thought only the fans felt this way and the players had something to play for each and every game...makes another case for conference need?


Did you see the players' reaction at the end of the season? If we need an arbitrary goal to motivate our players to win, we've already lost.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.