Archived Topic

OSU vs. BYU predictions

by BroncoBot · 12/22/2009

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
31-27.



BYU wins with a near perfect 2 minute drill.
M
mormonrasta
Oregon St. 49 BYU 31



BYU's weak pass rush combined with the talents of the Rodgers Brothers will absolutely kill BYU. The Oregon St. punter will be well rested. BYU's offense will be able to move the ball against Oregon St., but they don't have the big play ability that Oregon St. does. They won't be able to keep up. Can Unga break 1 tackle and take the ball 60 yards for a TD? No. Can Jacquizz Rodgers do that for OSU? Yes.



I hope OSU comes into the game substantially less motivated than BYU, but their coaching staff is one of the few I would put ahead of Bronco and Co. I would love to be dead wrong on this and watch BYU notch one of their best bowl wins ever.
C
CougarPeasant
'rasta, I appreciate your honest evaluation and the Rodgers brothers worry me more than anything in this game and for good reason. What I am counting on is Bronco et al. take this game as seriously as they did the Oklahoma game and they find a way to neutralize Jacqizz (sp?). I think Hall and Unga make statements in this game and lead BYU to its best bowl win since the Cotton bowl.



31-28 BYU
B
BroncoBot
mormonrasta wrote:
Oregon St. 49 BYU 31



BYU's weak pass rush combined with the talents of the Rodgers Brothers will absolutely kill BYU. The Oregon St. punter will be well rested. BYU's offense will be able to move the ball against Oregon St., but they don't have the big play ability that Oregon St. does. They won't be able to keep up. Can Unga break 1 tackle and take the ball 60 yards for a TD? No. Can Jacquizz Rodgers do that for OSU? Yes.



I hope OSU comes into the game substantially less motivated than BYU, but their coaching staff is one of the few I would put ahead of Bronco and Co. I would love to be dead wrong on this and watch BYU notch one of their best bowl wins ever.

This propoganda sounds a lot like the smack coming from fans of another Oregon team before the LV bowl with BYU. We all remember how that one turned out. (I do because it was the night before I got married).



We'll see. But I don't see Oregon St beating BYU by 18. Maybe if they had a defense like TCU or Alabama or Nebraska with that good offense they have, but, their D sounds pretty average and BYU should move the ball pretty well.
I
Italics
Oregon State - 31

BYU - 17



Although I DO have BYU winning in my bowl pick'em.



So there you go, now my prediction is right either way.





PS - Whoa, all the predictions so far have one of the teams scoring 31 points :skeptic: *x-files theme song*
Advertisement
I
Iceman
31-24

I predict plenty of royal blue shorts that say 26-23. :D
M
Mars


BYU 28

Oregon State 27



How in the world was UNLV in a position where they should have beat these guys?
L
Lawboy
The key to this game, as it has been for the last 3 seasons with Max Hall, is to not get behind big early. If we do, we lose. 13 pts being that threshhold number. We do not come back when being down by that amount, so a fast start is crucial.



I expect us to move the ball like we did v. FSU, but without the turnovers. I expect OSU to move the ball like FSU did too, but without the easy scores from turnovers. We are money in close games. That continues.



BYU 38

OSU 37
S
SpiffCoug
BYU 31

OSU 24



The Cougs pull it out late.
L
Lawboy
So I hear it is really windy in Vegas today, and might rain. If the wind blows hard, I like a lower scoring game. If it rains and is windy, much lower. So weather based updated prediction:



BYU 26

OSU 23
Advertisement
U
urroner
OSU comes out swinging, looking for a tough fight and they make a great connection with one of the zebras. They are all thrown out of the game early in the first minute and OSU is forced to send in the :utard: cheerleaders and BYU wins a squeaker.



BYU 35

OSU 24



Chambers opens a can of whoop-ass tonight

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/1/30/128778479214795341.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



Pitta wears the shoes of Hermes

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/20/202478/38_2008/ashish_0.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
urroner wrote:

Pitta wears the shoes of Hermes

http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl1/20/202478/38_2008/ashish_0.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Since when was Hermes a stripper?
B
BroncoBot
Wow. M'Rasta had the best prediction, too bad he had the teams and scores mixed up.
S
Schmoe
All you guys that picked OSU really stink and need to do some major repenting...
M
mormonrasta
declocoug wrote:
Wow. M'Rasta had the best prediction, too bad he had the teams and scores mixed up.


Very true. I've never been happier to be so wrong.



I think CougarPeasant had the best explination for the win. We have Bronco. The coaching staff's preparation, game plan, and their ability to adjust to the conditions gave the Cougs the decisive win. It was truly outstanding.



Props to all the players and staff.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
mormonrasta wrote:
Wow. M'Rasta had the best prediction, too bad he had the teams and scores mixed up.


Very true. I've never been happier to be so wrong.



I think CougarPeasant had the best explination for the win. We have Bronco. The coaching staff's preparation, game plan, and their ability to adjust to the conditions gave the Cougs the decisive win. It was truly outstanding.



Props to all the players and staff.


Rasta, there is a part of your prediction that was true--you said the punter would be well rested and judging by his kicks...he was all but sleep walking ;)
M
mormonrasta
BoiseBYU wrote:
declocoug wrote:
Wow. M'Rasta had the best prediction, too bad he had the teams and scores mixed up.


Very true. I've never been happier to be so wrong.



I think CougarPeasant had the best explination for the win. We have Bronco. The coaching staff's preparation, game plan, and their ability to adjust to the conditions gave the Cougs the decisive win. It was truly outstanding.



Props to all the players and staff.


Rasta, there is a part of your prediction that was true--you said the punter would be well rested and judging by his kicks...he was all but sleep walking ;)


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.