Archived Topic

Bolles Narrows List to 7 (BYU Not On List!)

by MesaCougFan · 7/29/2015

Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
From #1 to done.

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?" ......"Irrelevancy Who?"



Some of you CC religious need to start praying harder for P5.
F
Fido
Its always disappointing to have someone remove BYU from their list. But oh well, life goes on.
C
Cougarfan87
This isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was. I was thinking Bolen from Oklahoma had said BYU was not in the top 7 as a contender for the Big 12. :whistle: I am actually relieved. I never get too upset when highly recruited kids pass on BYU. It isn't for everyone, and until they've done something in college, I don't put a lot of stock in high school and JC recruiting. He may be great. He may ride the bench the entire time. Meh. We need to have effective coaching bring out the best in the players who want to be here.



All that being said, I still don't think BYU gets in the Big 12. Not because they don't deserve it, but because as a BYU fan you get used to getting the shaft.
S
snoscythe
Someone on the radio this morning said that when he "reopened" his recruiting after committing to BYU, BYU told him "no thanks" and removed themselves from consideration.
Advertisement
S
Stirfry
Cougs_Rule wrote:
From #1 to done.

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?" ......"Irrelevancy Who?"



Some of you CC religious need to start praying harder for P5.


Does anyone else wonder if Cougs Rule is happier when we get a recruit or when we lose a recruit? :skeptic:
S
Stirfry
Stirfry wrote:
From #1 to done.

"Knock, knock."

"Who's there?" ......"Irrelevancy Who?"



Some of you CC religious need to start praying harder for P5.


Does anyone else wonder if Cougs Rule is happier when we get a recruit or when we lose a recruit? :skeptic:


Oh I posted to soon! I just read the idiot thread. Sorry to point it out twice in a day Cougs_Rule. I'm sure your intentions are good
A
ABYUFAN
snoscythe wrote:
Someone on the radio this morning said that when he "reopened" his recruiting after committing to BYU, BYU told him "no thanks" and removed themselves from consideration.

Having no inside information whatsoever, I assumed that this is what happened.



My assumption was that when he reopened his recruiting he told us "no thanks" and we responded, "you're a good kid, but we're not THAT short of offensive linemen recruits - good luck kid but you won't be playing here" So he gets mad and expands his list to 7 just to throw Utah on it to finger his nose at BYU.



These things happen. He's no more likely to go to Utah than I am to order a salad for lunch, let him get his shot in and move on I say.
C
Cougarfan87
ABYUFAN wrote:
He's no more likely to go to Utah than I am to order a salad for lunch

:lol:
F
Fido
snoscythe wrote:
Someone on the radio this morning said that when he "reopened" his recruiting after committing to BYU, BYU told him "no thanks" and removed themselves from consideration.

I know Bronco very much dislikes it when a kid commits and then decommits and wants BYU to go through the process again with all the other schools. BYU already recriuted you, sold you, and committed a scholarship to you. If you want to look around now that new options present themselves, fine--but don't make them go through the whole "sell you on the program" thing again.
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Previous comment is spot on. BYU is not the place for a high schooler who likes to waver and waffle during recruitment. You get a great chance if you want it, but if you don't really want it, best of luck elsewhere. I think it's better to have a non-committed player let us know before coming in to the program that he is not fully committed.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
D
Ddawg
This is a shining example of: Swelled head = Diminished blood flow to brain = Poor decision.



Buh-bye. You could have had a legacy here. Elsewhere, not so much.
C
Cougs_Rule
Ddawg wrote:
This is a shining example of: Swelled head = Diminished blood flow to brain = Poor decision.



Buh-bye. You could have had a legacy here. Elsewhere, not so much.


Are you bashing Bronco or Bolles?

#takestwototango
B
byucougar1
I believe that BYU was the first school to show him some love and recognition. To his credit, his performance also garnered interest from other well known programs. He has an NFL body and appears to have some great potential. However, he seems to be enamored with the attention from some big name schools and not so much the unique attributes BYU offers or opportunities to receive some great tuteledge under 2J. There are two kids that are likely NFL prospects: Lapuaho and Karoma. I believe their success will help re-establish BYU as a good school to attend if you are an OL. Ironically, the last NFL OL draftee was Scott Young in 2005. Time to change that trend.
S
snoscythe
Here's hoping his future wife will take her verbal commitments more seriously than he does...
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
snoscythe wrote:
Here's hoping his future wife will take her verbal commitments more seriously than he does...


Depends if she gets a better offer. ;-)



Jk. This kid is a pretty dang good kid. Yes, who wouldn't get enamored with calls from the likes of Nick Saban? Or Coach K? It happens. I wish him well. It's too bad that pulling the scholie offer can leave such an unneeded bad taste in recruits mouths. It seems malicious to them but it may be--cutting bronco some slack-- that he can't wait for a long time to offer another kid. Still, seems a little Bronco-sequel and over the top to yank offers once a kid wants to take a peak. It's not like the other programs are the devils.

But, oh well, Bronco wins some and loses.....more than he should. But can't catch them all. At least their scouting and offering is very on top of things.
B
BYULV
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Here's hoping his future wife will take her verbal commitments more seriously than he does...


Depends if she gets a better offer. ;-)



Jk. This kid is a pretty dang good kid. Yes, who wouldn't get enamored with calls from the likes of Nick Saban? Or Coach K? It happens. I wish him well. It's too bad that pulling the scholie offer can leave such an unneeded bad taste in recruits mouths. It seems malicious to them but it may be--cutting bronco some slack-- that he can't wait for a long time to offer another kid. Still, seems a little Bronco-sequel and over the top to yank offers once a kid wants to take a peak. It's not like the other programs are the devils.

But, oh well, Bronco wins some and loses.....more than he should. But can't catch them all. At least their scouting and offering is very on top of things.




I didn't realize he was also being recruited to play BBall for Duke. Cool!
D
Ddawg
Cougs_Rule wrote:
This is a shining example of: Swelled head = Diminished blood flow to brain = Poor decision.



Buh-bye. You could have had a legacy here. Elsewhere, not so much.


Are you bashing Bronco or Bolles?

#takestwototango


What is the thread about? It's about JUCO transfer Garett Bolles and his decision about where he will play football. Yes? Yes. Is this thread about Bronco? No.
C
Cougs_Rule
Ddawg wrote:
Ddawg wrote:
This is a shining example of: Swelled head = Diminished blood flow to brain = Poor decision.



Buh-bye. You could have had a legacy here. Elsewhere, not so much.


Are you bashing Bronco or Bolles?

#takestwototango


What is the thread about? It's about JUCO transfer Garett Bolles and his decision about where he will play football. Yes? Yes. Is this thread about Bronco? No.


Man, that is some deep intellectual rigor. Kindergarten much?

Someone else brought up Bronco. Its relevant bc he has been known to pull schollies if a kid decommits. Its likely why BYU went from front runner to off the list. Unless of course you think that he just didn't like the color blue and wanted a different colored crayon to color with.

Enjoy your down vote. I'd receive no less for being so rediculous.
D
Ddawg
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Cougs_Rule wrote:
This is a shining example of: Swelled head = Diminished blood flow to brain = Poor decision.



Buh-bye. You could have had a legacy here. Elsewhere, not so much.


Are you bashing Bronco or Bolles?

#takestwototango


What is the thread about? It's about JUCO transfer Garett Bolles and his decision about where he will play football. Yes? Yes. Is this thread about Bronco? No.


Man, that is some deep intellectual rigor. Kindergarten much?

Someone else brought up Bronco.


Ahhhh ..... I respond to your moronic question and you get butt hurt. I am so sorry. If you can't take little baby - don't dish it out.



BTW the way - did I bring up Bronco? Per your post -
Cougs_Rule wrote:

Its relevant bc he has been known to pull schollies if a kid decommits.


Now you are making assumptions. Imagine that - you arrogant jerk-off.



I could care less about your down votes. I could not care less about you. If this was not a BYU website, I'd tell you precisely what an immature child I think are. But since it is a decent website - have a nice day.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.