Archived Topic

Taysom Hill will not win the Heisman......

by MesaCougFan · 7/27/2015

Advertisement
F
Fido
:lol: Shocker.
S
stuckinbig10country
He's got the best chance of anyone not in the P5 since Ty Detmer. Still won't win.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
N
nuk13
This article is mostly correct but I think he could start anywhere, if not at qb they'd find a place for him.
S
snoscythe
................and it looks like we are at that point in the preseason where the bloggers and talking heads are staking out the high-probability positions so they can say "I-told-you-so" next off-season.



In other news: Bronson Kaufusi won't set a single season sacks record and won't get drafted as high as Ziggy, Fred Warner won't reproduce KVN's Jr season campaign, and BYU won't go undefeated--call me a prophet when these shocking predictions come to fruition.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
What a terrible article. Is this his attempt at converting all BYU fans into realists? Let's set our expectations so low that if we finish over .500 we can all feel good about it. After all it's not the best team that wins. It's the team with the most NFL drafted players that always wins. So there is no way any team outside the P5 conf could ever win a major award.

His logic sounds good but when you think about it they are mostly just regurgitated ideas from talking heads. Only eastern players win it. Somebody forgot to tell Linert, Palmer, Bush, and Mariota that they should have played in the East. BTW since 2000 only four players playing their home games on EST have won it.

One thing that did catch my eye. The comment about 2015 Ohio State. I guess he is predicting an OSU player winning it this year. I'm sure being an OSU grad has nothing to do with it.

Here really lost me though when he said TH has to make huge jumps in his level of play. So 3000k passing and 1300k rushing are pedestrian? I guess it was the 66% comp that dropped him. Mariota blew him away (68%). Winston finished at 65%. I would say a significant jump by Taysom would be nice. Say 4000+ passing and 1500 rushing would be nice.

But alas TH has no chance if he only slightly improves. I guess I'll go bow at a p5 alter and pray that he at least gets one vote and that BYU is at least somewhat competitive against such superior talent.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Gunk
I don't care what he says, I'm still printing 10, 000 Hill for Heisman '15 t-shirts.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Gunk wrote:
I don't care what he says, I'm still printing 10, 000 Hill for Heisman '15 t-shirts.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'll take one!
S
Stirfry
hawkwing wrote:
I don't care what he says, I'm still printing 10, 000 Hill for Heisman '15 t-shirts.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'll take one!




Hmm which will take me longer to feel comfortable wearing in public. My "Hill for Heisman" shirt or my "I agree with Max" shirt? :sick:
B
BYULV
Stirfry wrote:
Gunk wrote:
I don't care what he says, I'm still printing 10, 000 Hill for Heisman '15 t-shirts.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'll take one!




Hmm which will take me longer to feel comfortable wearing in public. My "Hill for Heisman" shirt or my "I agree with Max" shirt? :sick:


So why would it be embarrassing to wear a "Hill for Heisman" shirt?
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Actually, I figure Hill will be in the top 3 of Heisman voting, with a chance at the Heisman if three things occur:



1) he stays healthy all year and still has his wheels.

2) bronco turns the defense back into a Bronco-esque defense

3) our Offensive line is above average.





If these things occur (even more likely if Williams stays healthy), then we will win several of our early, high profile games and will be in the talk about rankings and Heisman trophies. All it takes is winning to be relevant.
J
jbluesuu
The chances of Taysom winning the heisman are very slim. That does not mean it is impossible. I'd give him 50:1 odds. That means there is a 98% chance that he does not win the heisman. The odds are actually pretty good considering the thousands of college football players. Nothing on the list precludes him from the award.
S
scott715
Perhaps he does not win it and that is okay. But if he can be in the discussion and get invited to NY, that would be awesome.
G
Gunk
scott715 wrote:
Perhaps he does not win it and that is okay. But if he can be in the discussion and get invited to NY, that would be awesome.

Would certainly up his draft prospects.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
MesaCougFan
I agree that THill doesn't have much of a prayer to win the Heisman. I fully expect him to play lights out this year, and earn the Heisman, but he won't win it. I could see him invited to the ceremony though.
Advertisement
S
scott715
From an exposure point of view it is possible. Game one is on ABC.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.