Archived Topic

Tyler Haws signs a deal in Spain

by Fido · 6/22/2015

Advertisement
F
Fido
Deseret News: Sports @desnewssports

Former @BYUbasketball Tyler Haws signs with top Spanish club Obradoiro.



http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865631180/Morning-links-Haws-signs-with-Euro-team-an-Ainge-family-affair-in-Boston-Jazz-shouldnt-be.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Former BYU guard Tyler Haws is heading to Europe — well, maybe.



According to multiple reports, Haws has signed with Obradoiro of the ACB League, the top basketball league in Spain, but his NBA dreams aren't done yet.



The contract contains an out clause if the former Cougar is drafted or picked-up by an NBA team by July 31.



Haws, BYU’s all-time leading scorer, averaged 22.2 points during his senior season.
G
Guest
Good for him, playing basketball professionally is an awesome thing.
B
BroncoBot
Awesome. Personally, I'd love to be playing bball in europe... not a bad job at all.
G
Gunk
Good for him. He has a bird in hand and it may turn out to be a better bird.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
hawkwing wrote:
Fido wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35291050&nid=272&s_cid=rss-extlink&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed



Haws signs with the Cavaliers summer league team.


Nice. Haws > Dellawhatever



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


#truth


I hope truth. Certainly a much much better shooter. But I was never impressed with Hawes' defense, although I will be the first to admit I am not that qualified to effectively judge. Dellawhatever, played adequate defense against Curry for most of the time....
G
Gunk
BoiseBYU wrote:
Gunk wrote:
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=35291050&nid=272&s_cid=rss-extlink&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed



Haws signs with the Cavaliers summer league team.


Nice. Haws > Dellawhatever



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


#truth


I hope truth. Certainly a much much better shooter. But I was never impressed with Hawes' defense, although I will be the first to admit I am not that qualified to effectively judge. Dellawhatever, played adequate defense against Curry for most of the time....


Dellawhatever's defense on Curry consisted of practically hugging Curry wherever he went. I applaud Dellawhatever and his coach for the tactic but was it desparate defense and completely unsustainable. Dellawhatever barely made it through the series playing that style of mugging defense.



I have no doubts if asked, Haws could replicate the performance.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.