S
scott715http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/hotseat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We don't play anyone with a hotseat and Bronco is pretty safe.
We don't play anyone with a hotseat and Bronco is pretty safe.
by scott715 · 6/15/2015
Brayden Green wrote:
I suppose another 8-5 or 7-6 season will test your theory. I think that Bronco thinks that the seat is getting hot, and that isn't a bad thing. Another 8-5 season and he *may* be asked to step down, along with Holmoe. 7-6 and it is pretty likely. If we don't go bowling, I give it a 10% chance that he is on the sidelines next year as head coach. It isn't bad to perform and prepare like your job is on the line. Most of us do it every day, in this economy. In sales, you do it every time your head comes off the pillow.
The fan base is in a slow spiral into apathy. I think that if/when we go 0-4 or 1-3 to start the season, there will be whispers and long conversations about the future of the program, and where it is headed. When your last 5 years are 7-6, 10-3, 8-5, 8-5, and 8-5 ... well, even a job in coach friendly Provo can't keep your seat from warming up.
MesaCougFan wrote:
Bronco's job is safe and secure as long as he wants it. W/L's won't determine his staying or going. If he doesn't want the next extension, he won't sign it. He will leave the program on his own terms.
Fido wrote:
Wow....so against the schedule that is coming up you think an 8-5 or 7-6 record sends Bronco and Holmoe packing?
Brayden Green wrote:Wow....so against the schedule that is coming up you think an 8-5 or 7-6 record sends Bronco and Holmoe packing?
Not sure it sends Holmoe packing. I think an 8-5 or worse schedule (for the 4th season in a row) is very bad for Bronco. A losing record will be it for Bronco as HC at BYU.