C
crazycougar84601I have been pondering this question for some time and have really wondered since reading about a recent recruits indecision about a potential mission.
I hear this from some LDS athletes from time to time..."I can serve the church better in sports then i can on a mission" or something along those lines.
I think of Jake Heaps, Jabari Parker among some others when i hear this as a huge BYU fan, but i guess living in Utah i don't realize the impact of these athletes "sports missions" for the church.
As a non-lds cougar fan with season tickets to home games and travels to multiple games a year i was hoping a few on this board would share thoughts on the subject.
Can an athlete do more to help the church by playing sports versus serving a mission?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
I hear this from some LDS athletes from time to time..."I can serve the church better in sports then i can on a mission" or something along those lines.
I think of Jake Heaps, Jabari Parker among some others when i hear this as a huge BYU fan, but i guess living in Utah i don't realize the impact of these athletes "sports missions" for the church.
As a non-lds cougar fan with season tickets to home games and travels to multiple games a year i was hoping a few on this board would share thoughts on the subject.
Can an athlete do more to help the church by playing sports versus serving a mission?
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

