Archived Topic

WR

by sage · 6/9/2015

Advertisement
S
sage
As ususal, I got to ref the 7 on 7 turney at the U sat. I must admit. It was fun. It was so good to see football again. But anyway, since we are in the offseason, and any news is good news I thot I would mention a conversation I heard there. Some of the grad assistants were talking about the Provo receiver. Bout 6'3, good hands, kind of fast, can really jump, times the ball well. They mentioned that the kid had offers from BYU, Utah, Suu, Boise, UTST. But the impressive thing was, that one of these guys said in his opinion, by the end of the year, this kid is going to be a 4 star, only beat out by Florida receivers, because it's Florida. He did play well. Fun to watch. But not all world like a few of the receivers I have commented on in past years.



Sadness reigns for me tho in one aspect. I have stake trek on the 20th, and won't be able to go to the BYU camp. Big time bummer. My wife said I should just come home a day early with the Bishopric when they come back on Fri nite, but they are coming thurs instead. Won't work. Really wish I could go. We'll see. Doubt it tho. :~(
B
BOID
Who is this WR? Does he favor BYU?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
E-Zone15
BOID wrote:
Who is this WR? Does he favor BYU?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">




Sounds like Ty Jones 6' 3" 190 from Provo High School. BYU just offered him and he is very high on BYU (almost committed on the spot).

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3177800/highlights/191494385/v2
S
Stirfry
More importantly how did you find a wife that said you should leave Trek for football?



Any idea on why there has been almost no talk about Kurtz in the last 6 months? This time last year it seemed like he was the next big (fast) thing and he had tons of buzz.
S
scott715
No buzz is a good thing. Let the kids concentrate on workouts. Wait until Fall camp to see who's ready to step up.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
sage
Stirfry wrote:
More importantly how did you find a wife that said you should leave Trek for football?

Great question. I read on here the occasional mention of wives who have a hard time with the husband's obsessions. I have been very grateful she supports me in mine. I support her in playing in the orchestra. I don't really like to go to her concerts, but I go every time that I can because she is a lot more important to me than the music, or my lack of appreciation for it. (And occasionally they play a number I enjoy) I also pay for and encourage her to attend orchestra classes because she loves it so much.


Stirfry wrote:

Any idea on why there has been almost no talk about Kurtz in the last 6 months? This time last year it seemed like he was the next big (fast) thing and he had tons of buzz.

Last time I talked with him and to others who knew how he was doing, he indicated that he is back to 100% and lookin good. But the buzz is still around Matthews. Those two are good friends, and at the time we had our great talk, were room mates.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.