Archived Topic

Massey 2015 Predictions

by scott715 · 6/8/2015

Advertisement
Q
Qman
Wow the pitchforks would be out among the cougar fans with 6 or 7 wins.
S
scott715
I think we will do better. The chance on the first game is too low.
M
MesaCougFan
We don't lose our first four. No way
B
BOID
I think we beat Nebraska and Boise St. I dont know about UCLA and Michigan. We're good enough, bar key injuries, to beat all four of these, and I would be predicting a win at Michigan if that were the season opener. Being the fourth big game in a row, and the third road game out of four, makes the Michigan game the most dangerous of those four. I would call the UN game and the Michigan game equivalent, except that UN is first, and Michigan fourth. BYU is traditionally tough in the opener. Michigan is fortunate to get BYU in the fourth week. Utah will beat new HC Michigan at home in game one. By the end of September, Harbaugh will have two or three games under his belt and will have taken notice of BYU's abilities in the first three games. I'm not saying that we lose to them in Ann Arbor; just don't know.



These Massey predictions are wishful thinking, that BYU will go away quietly into mid-major oblivion. In the words of George H W, "Uh' Uh, Not gonna." ;)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
MesaCougFan wrote:
We don't lose our first four. No way

I could see us losing our first four. I think losing all four is more likely than winning all four.



I think losing all four is more likely than winning three of them.



I'm bearish on this upcoming season.
F
frdbtr
SpiffCoug wrote:
We don't lose our first four. No way

I could see us losing our first four. I think losing all four is more likely than winning all four.



I think losing all four is more likely than winning three of them.



I'm bearish on this upcoming season.


Taysom is going to have to throw like Ty Detmer and run like Steve young for BYU to win as many games as people are predicting with that schedule next year. The good news is, BYU has a ton of weapons on offense this year even with the question marks about some of the returning players. Plus Bronco is going to have to pull a rabbit out of his hat defensively again like he did in 2010 after he fired Hill.
C
Cougs_Rule
In the erroneous world of voting on CC, the last two posts deserve down votes....but since I agree.....



If BYU starts 0-4, not only pitch forks, but hate mail to Tom for selling out the Cougs.

Let's see if Penney still feels like playing four Christian Ponders in a row is still better than beating Wyoming for a MWC ring. Just sayin. Bring it on down voters. Prove my point.
S
StatsCougar
If Massey is correct, here are the probabilities of winning # of Games:



# %

0 19%

1 40%

2 30%

3 9%

4 1%



Average: 1.33 Games won.
S
stuckinbig10country
If they win the first 4, what's the ranking?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
scott715
Top 10 and probably better than that. All of those games would be on tv for everyone to watch.
F
frdbtr
scott715 wrote:
Top 10 and probably better than that. All of those games would be on tv for everyone to watch.


I agree. If superman.....errrr Taysom can will us to winning those 4 games on national TV, we are in the top 10.
C
Cougs_Rule
Never mind Top 10 as cool as that would be, it will constitute one of the most historic runs in BYU history , put Taysom in the top five for Heisman, and have Cougarmania at near historic highs.
S
scott715
BYU's 2015 FBS foes, by FPI: UCLA 11, BSU 25, Mizzou 26, Michigan 33, Nebraska 41, Cincy 50, USU 58, ECU 78, SJSU 88, Fresno 107, UConn 117.



ESPN has us as 7-5. #46 and SOS 60.
M
mtnradio
Sadly, I could see 7-5, and it would still be a good season. I believe BYU will be competitive in every game, I"m hoping for no double-digit losses and some double-digit wins.



The players I have spoken with believe the offense will be exceptional this year ... but they also think the defense will be surprisingly tough. Offense hangs on THill ... if he goes down, the season is probably worse than last year.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.