Archived Topic

Sounds like Tanner Mangum is back from his mission

by Fido · 6/4/2015

Advertisement
F
Fido
606319680848936961

Our QB depth chart is building.... :D
N
nuk13
I looking forward to seeing what he can do. This makes the second Idaho qb on the team. Eagle, his home town, is close to Boise so I wonder what BSU is thinking. T. Hill is from Pocatello where Idaho state is located. I like those 2 teams but I'm glad these 2 are at BYU. I hope they turn things around and we win some of these big games scheduled.
F
Fido
We have visual evidence:


606530912180948992
F
Fido
I can't help but think that they will redshirt Mangum if at all possible this year, right? He was a greyshirt prior to leaving on his mission so he does still have a redshirt year and Taysom Hill should have the starting job as a senior.
G
Guest
Fido wrote:
I can't help but think that they will redshirt Mangum if at all possible this year, right? He was a greyshirt prior to leaving on his mission so he does still have a redshirt year and Taysom Hill should have the starting job as a senior.

Mangum may not want to redshirt; if he has aspirations to play in the NFL he can't afford another year.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Yep. And besides that, he may very well be the second best qb on the team and poised for a higher than average probability to play given THills most unfortunate injury record.

He would be the Christian Stewart remix if he has to play when Anae once again has to shift his whole offense to a pass oriented attack.....if Heaven forbid the Taysom goes down.
G
Gunk
Hill gets injured every other season. He'll be fine this year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Stirfry
Gunk wrote:
Hill gets injured every other season. He'll be fine this year.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


And we don't play USU until the end of the season and their assassin has graduated.
R
redneckjedi
I just watched the video. I know it's a highlight reel and so only the best stuff is on there, but in general it seemed like his ball placement was very good. If his first read was open, he was very decisive about getting the ball there. If it wasn't, he did a good job of checking down and finding someone open. He keeps his eyes downfield when scrambling, and he's a good scrambler - doesn't always set his feet right when throwing after scrambling, but at least in the video he got the ball where it needed to be regardless.



The one thing that concerned me a little was the release point and trajectory - it seemed a little low at times, and prone to batted balls when facing college-sized lines. It was a quick release, but might need to move a little higher.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
I can't wait to see what this guy can bring. I anticipate he will be Christian Stewart, plus some! I think he will be the real deal!!



I Saw his brief write up in the Daily herald. Can't copy the URL, for some reason.



BYU is fortunate to have Taysom and Tanner lined up with some potentially strong backups. World class college QBs in their own styles. Both potential NFLers.



I'm getting really excited for this season. I wish it weren't quite as tough and a better home schedule, but I may just have to hit the road to Lincoln and Ann Arbor.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.