G
GuestFormer BYU Cougar and close personal friend, Kirk Davis, has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. This is what he said on facebook:
Kirk played Defensive Back at BYU from 1987-1988, as a Rick's Jr College transfer. While playing at BYU he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, which he delayed surgery on for 3 weeks in order to keep playing.
Kirk is one of the most generous people you'll ever know. He spends countless hours serving the sick and needy. I'm sure he would appreciate some thoughts and prayers on his behalf. If you'd like to drop him a message on facebook his account is: https://www.facebook.com/akdavisorg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/11350602_10206818101594086_5116999937093614621_n.jpg?oh=c673e73f9992edf82520ac63ce096d58&oe=560D02D4 " alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11390115_10206818101474083_4823071866145724974_n.jpg?oh=2ddad6723d3d50ac6e1e4b69fb8c677e&oe=560A1684 " alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Kirk Davis wrote:
To all my family and friends I want to first thank you for your prayers and friendships. On May 28th 2015 I was diagnosed with malignant large cell lung cancer. My family will be setting up a blog or a message center to post updates as the situations are changing daily on treatment options. As I write this, I am lying down in the Critical Care Unit pondering the last 5 procedures since Wednesday. The current option is removing the entire left lung. The Tumor is between the upper and lower Left Lobes and next to a major artery.This makes alternative options for treatment rare. In the next few weeks there will be a donation site established if you wish to donate to my family. It will be attached to the Blog or message center. God and Time will determine if my work is done here in this earthly life. Those that know me well, Know I will never give up, I will fight to the end,.I will fight the good fight, but its much easier to do when I know I have all of you pulling for me... God Bless you all Kirk Out.
I wanted to reach out to all my band of brother's from Rick's and BYU. For people who don't follow football or could careless i want to explain. To fully understand the things that football teaches, you must go into the dynamics of a family or team unit. It taught me that I must trust in other's to be where they are suppose to be at the time they are suppose to be there. Secondly,No matter the curcumstances of the game we win or lose together, no one play or incident determines the outcome of a game. Like a family or team there will be times when we dont see eye to eye or one of us lets the team down. I have experienced and been both of theses. The lessons I learned from these experiences changed me for the better. My teammates never abondoned me , were always encouraging, and defended me. I have never forgotten this when I had Hodgkins at BYU they were there and throughout my life they have always been there. Next to my family and closest friends my band of brother are the greatest gift God could have given me in this life. I fight this knew battle for you and my family. I write this tonight as who know what tomorrow brings except hope the hope for another day at Life.... Kirk OUT
Kirk played Defensive Back at BYU from 1987-1988, as a Rick's Jr College transfer. While playing at BYU he was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Disease, which he delayed surgery on for 3 weeks in order to keep playing.
Kirk is one of the most generous people you'll ever know. He spends countless hours serving the sick and needy. I'm sure he would appreciate some thoughts and prayers on his behalf. If you'd like to drop him a message on facebook his account is: https://www.facebook.com/akdavisorg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

