Archived Topic

Nevada

by Mars · 12/19/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars


If you made you're picks early for the Nevada game (Tuesday), they've been deleted and you'll have to make them again, sorry. The game was moved up for the Vegas bowl and there wasn't a choice to edit the start time (which controls when the game locks), so I had to delete the game and add it again.



Go Cougars.
S
Schmoe
See, this is why I wait til the very last minute to get in my picks!
M
Mars


Make your picks for the Nevada game. Tip-off at noon, 5 hours before the BYU-Oregon State football game. Game locks a half hour before tip-off, and I won't be around to save you this time!



Also, the BYU basketball team plays a game the day after the Nevada game, but we don't know who or when yet. Look for that prediction game to go live late.
Q
Qman
at first we couldn't miss but not their D has picked up. Mike Loyd Jr. has been a little out of control and Fredette has been quiet.
Q
Qman
On the bright side everytime we get a hard dive cut from the free throw line we are getting points or free throws.



Haws and Emery have been excellent. Hartsock started well but seems to fatigue a little.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
JT's defense has been pathetic this game. They're shooting right over top of him. Plus we've allowed 4 threes to Kramer. You think they find that guy and keep tabs on him
Q
Qman
Down 4 at the half- we seem to be making too many mental mistakes. The game has been very tightly called and poorly called.
Q
Qman
beauso79 wrote:
JT's defense has been pathetic this game. They're shooting right over top of him. Plus we've allowed 4 threes to Kramer. You think they find that guy and keep tabs on him




I don't know why the team is haven't JT switch onto their PG so much. JT is doing a decent job staying in front of him. But Hartsock has just been playing better and should play more.



Against Kramer they aren't closing out hard on him. Let's see if he can dribble-drive.
F
frdbtr
beauso79 wrote:
JT's defense has been pathetic this game. They're shooting right over top of him. Plus we've allowed 4 threes to Kramer. You think they find that guy and keep tabs on him


Funny, the guys on KSL have been talking about how JT has completely shut down his man.
Q
Qman
frdbtr wrote:
JT's defense has been pathetic this game. They're shooting right over top of him. Plus we've allowed 4 threes to Kramer. You think they find that guy and keep tabs on him


Funny, the guys on KSL have been talking about how JT has completely shut down his man.




JT has done a decent job on Babbitt but the switches are killing us.
Advertisement
I
Italics
What ever happened to following your shot? Are our guards coached to flee to the opposite end of the court the second they release a shot? I can't count the number of jump shots that could have been rebounded if 2-3 of our players hadn't sprinted to half court the second the ball left the shooter's hands.
S
SpiffCoug
Is either team playing defense? I can't watch - at work. But we score 48 in a half! Granted we gave up 50. But if we keep this offense going, I'll take our chances.
M
Mars


Is the game televised?
I
Italics
it's on BYU tv
I
Italics
I'll say this, if either of these teams had avoided the unforced and sloppy turnovers in the first half, either of them could be up by double digits
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Not sure if you guys know this, but Jimmer is pretty good.
B
byutx
Stupid MWC refs
S
Schmoe
Seriously, these refs suck!
S
SpiffCoug
Sounds like a pretty pro-BYU crowd.
S
Schmoe
Oh no, I'm not pro-BYU, I'm just anti-official.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.