S
snoscytheArchived Topic
Max Hall Speaks
by snoscythe · 5/5/2015
Advertisement
I
IowaCougarInteresting article. Sometimes it's easy to forget that we're all human, and we all are subject to human weakness. It's nice to see that people looked to help, rather than simply distancing themselves from the controversy.
D
DdawgI have been wondering what happened with Max Hall and the whole "kerfuffle." I'm so glad and proud to read the Brandon Doman, Chad Lewis, and Doug Witt all reached out, stepped up, and helped Max out. That's true brotherhood. That's what it's all about. I sincerely wish Max the best going forward.
S
stgeorgefanIowaCougar wrote:
ISometimes it's easy to forget that we're all human, and we all are subject to human weakness.
I know your not trying to be mean spirited but addiction is not human weakness. Addicts aren't weak minded individuals. It's a disease in the brain.
If i missed the boat here on your comment than carry on, noting to see here. :whistle:
I
IowaCougarstgeorgefan wrote:ISometimes it's easy to forget that we're all human, and we all are subject to human weakness.
I know your not trying to be mean spirited but addiction is not human weakness. Addicts aren't weak minded individuals. It's a disease in the brain.
If i missed the boat here on your comment than carry on, noting to see here. :whistle:
I never said "weak-minded". I said human weakness. Being subject to addiction is one of many human weaknesses. Being subject to physical ailments is also human weakness. We're all subject to possible issues like this. I have a lot of alcoholism in my family history. So I know that is a potential weakness in me. That's one reason I've never had a drink. I'm afraid if I ever started I couldn't quit.
Call it human weakness or human frailty, we're all human, and need to recognize that we all need help beyond ourselves.
Advertisement
S
Schmoestgeorgefan wrote:ISometimes it's easy to forget that we're all human, and we all are subject to human weakness.
It's a disease in the brain.
Isn't that exactly what a human weakness is? We develop addictions because of malfunctions with our brains because we're imperfect because we're human?
G
GuestAddiction is a horrible thing, and it can destroy lives and it never goes away. I hope Max is able to develop the tools to fight this addiction every day for the rest of his life.
G
GunkAddictions suck and I would much rather keep company with recovering addicts than those that are dissmissive of its realities.
Often times there are strong chemical and neurological factors at play and over coming an addiction isn't as simple as flipping a light switch; something only the weak minded are susceptible to. Imagine holding your breathe and convincing yourself that no you really didn't need to take that breathe despite what your body was telling you. For many recovering addicts, that's their daily routine.
Now, does that make addiction excuseable, nope. But we all have our demons whether they be alcohol or holier than though attitudes.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Often times there are strong chemical and neurological factors at play and over coming an addiction isn't as simple as flipping a light switch; something only the weak minded are susceptible to. Imagine holding your breathe and convincing yourself that no you really didn't need to take that breathe despite what your body was telling you. For many recovering addicts, that's their daily routine.
Now, does that make addiction excuseable, nope. But we all have our demons whether they be alcohol or holier than though attitudes.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
B
Brayden GreenGood for Max. I like him now more than ever. Hoping the best for him and his family.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
C
Cougs_Rulestgeorgefan wrote:ISometimes it's easy to forget that we're all human, and we all are subject to human weakness.
I know your not trying to be mean spirited but addiction is not human weakness. Addicts aren't weak minded individuals. It's a disease in the brain.
If i missed the boat here on your comment than carry on, noting to see here. :whistle:
The fact that this post got three negative votes demonstrates the weakness, frailty, myopia of the three culprits, and quite frankly, the stupidity of this system. Same with Brayden's post below that earned him a negative vote. Rediculous. Shame on some of you.
Especially the down vote on Brayden's spot on comparison. I have no idea why anyone not a coward would down vote that. Show yourself,hypocrite, and hope that karma doesn't smite you in between the eyes.
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCougThis was an excellent usage of the word "smite." Is this reaching common vernacular? (Looking at you for a definitive conclusion, Schmoe)
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
R
redneckjediCougs_Rule wrote:IowaCougar wrote:
ISometimes it's easy to forget that we're all human, and we all are subject to human weakness.
I know your not trying to be mean spirited but addiction is not human weakness. Addicts aren't weak minded individuals. It's a disease in the brain.
If i missed the boat here on your comment than carry on, noting to see here. :whistle:
The fact that this post got three negative votes demonstrates the weakness, frailty, myopia of the three culprits, and quite frankly, the stupidity of this system. Same with Brayden's post below that earned him a negative vote. Rediculous. Shame on some of you.
Especially the down vote on Brayden's spot on comparison. I have no idea why anyone not a coward would down vote that. Show yourself,hypocrite, and hope that karma doesn't smite you in between the eyes.
Yes, let's lob insults at anonymous people that disagree with us, in the hopes that they will come out into the open for more. That's a great idea.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

