E
EM_PumaI just saw Jason Shepherd tweet:
I thought I was the only one. I went out this morning, and while I have disliked their new format, a new irritation developed. Immediately one add was pasted across my view from ESPN that I had to "X" out of to see their website. I not only had just clicked the first one away when a second one shoots in front of me and I had to clear it away too. Further it took me more time than in the past to find the summary of the NFL draft from yesterday. Things just don't seem as obvious as they once were.
A parallel B&M subject is the SLTrib. For years now they have had so many advertising links boot up when you clicked to open their sports page that it took a good 20-30 seconds for the main page to come up. Now lately, they have had this survey that pops up a few lines into their articles that you have to click out of to see the rest of the article. It just seems like advertising just won't let you be in control of what you want to see and are given carte blanche to do whatever pleases them at the cost of our pleasure. Honestly, it aggravates me to a degree that I would die before I'd read their ads or surveys.
Jason Shepherd
I'm an ESPN guy, but their new website (desktop and mobile) is not good. It is so confusing and has no logical format for where things are.
I thought I was the only one. I went out this morning, and while I have disliked their new format, a new irritation developed. Immediately one add was pasted across my view from ESPN that I had to "X" out of to see their website. I not only had just clicked the first one away when a second one shoots in front of me and I had to clear it away too. Further it took me more time than in the past to find the summary of the NFL draft from yesterday. Things just don't seem as obvious as they once were.
A parallel B&M subject is the SLTrib. For years now they have had so many advertising links boot up when you clicked to open their sports page that it took a good 20-30 seconds for the main page to come up. Now lately, they have had this survey that pops up a few lines into their articles that you have to click out of to see the rest of the article. It just seems like advertising just won't let you be in control of what you want to see and are given carte blanche to do whatever pleases them at the cost of our pleasure. Honestly, it aggravates me to a degree that I would die before I'd read their ads or surveys.

