Archived Topic

Frank Jackson no longer committed to BYU? Duke in play

by Fido · 4/22/2015

Advertisement
F
Fido
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Duke-in-full-pursuit-of-Frank-Jackson-36913081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



Duke is serious about 2016 top 30 prospect Frank Jackson, who is expected to visit the campus in June according to his travel team the Utah Prospects.



Jackson, an athletic 6-3, 190-pound lethal scorer as a combo guard out of American Fork (Utah) Lone Fork High School, has family on the east coast.



Coach K, who watched Jackson play last evaluation period in Dallas, is expected to offer on the visit. The Duke staff has been in constant communication since the event, which was a week and a half ago.



Arizona and Utah are both strong with Jackson, and the Arizona staff is visiting him today. At one time Jackson was committed to BYU.



Ranked No. 26 in the 247Sports Composite, Jackson has predictions for Arizona, Duke and Utah in his Crystal Ball.
W
Wolverine
Fido wrote:
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Duke-in-full-pursuit-of-Frank-Jackson-36913081



Duke is serious about 2016 top 30 prospect Frank Jackson, who is expected to visit the campus in June according to his travel team the Utah Prospects.



Jackson, an athletic 6-3, 190-pound lethal scorer as a combo guard out of American Fork (Utah) Lone Fork High School, has family on the east coast.



Coach K, who watched Jackson play last evaluation period in Dallas, is expected to offer on the visit. The Duke staff has been in constant communication since the event, which was a week and a half ago.



Arizona and Utah are both strong with Jackson, and the Arizona staff is visiting him today. At one time Jackson was committed to BYU.



Ranked No. 26 in the 247Sports Composite, Jackson has predictions for Arizona, Duke and Utah in his Crystal Ball.


Would be tough to say no to any of those programs right now. Especially Duke.
C
Cougs_Rule
I fear for Frank that Duke would just be another Burgess scenario. But, best to him. I hope he lands where he can further develop his game.
G
Gunk
Bummer :(



Can't blame him, though. Hope he still picks BYU. Could be the next BYU leading scorer or sit on the bench at Duke.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
disappointing. Not necessarily surprising.



I believe that Frank would be a huge asset to BYU, will be another plug and chug at the other places he is considering.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Hopefully being able to have your family and friends come to all your home games bears some weight
S
scott715
With the talent coming in, he can be the piece to take the team to the next level. He will have a great time taking it to new heights. He comes we can get the next great LDS player. Jabari could have been the one.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
He said today that he's going on a mission first.
B
BYULV
snoscythe wrote:
He said today that he's going on a mission first.




That's gotta play in BYUs favor
G
Guest
He says he's going on a mission to hone his basketball skills for 2 years.
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
BoiseBYU wrote:
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/04/four-star-class-of-2016-guard-frank-jackson-will-take-a-mission-trip-before-playing-college-basketball/


595670447682912258

595669083774963712


I'm glad the kid wants to go on a mission. That's a real credit to him. BUT someone needs to make sure he understands that a mission is not some sort of two year personal basketball improvement camp.


I don't personally know Frank nor his family/social environment, but I am guessing that he knows exactly what a two year mission entails. I am also guessing that the author of this article has no idea whatsoever what a two year mission entails.
G
Guest
Wolverine wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/04/four-star-class-of-2016-guard-frank-jackson-will-take-a-mission-trip-before-playing-college-basketball/


595670447682912258

595669083774963712


I'm glad the kid wants to go on a mission. That's a real credit to him. BUT someone needs to make sure he understands that a mission is not some sort of two year personal basketball improvement camp.


I don't personally know Frank nor his family/social environment, but I am guessing that he knows exactly what a two year mission entails. I am also guessing that the author of this article has no idea whatsoever what a two year mission entails.


He may understand a mission, but Frank is quoted as saying how beneficial a 2 year mission was in helping Ty Haw's develop, which we all know is complete bunk. Ty Haw's worked his butt off after he got back to get back into basketball shape. To me that says either Frank was horribly misquoted or he doesn't fully understand how little time he'll have have to work on his game.
W
Wolverine
hawkwing wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/04/four-star-class-of-2016-guard-frank-jackson-will-take-a-mission-trip-before-playing-college-basketball/


595670447682912258

595669083774963712


I'm glad the kid wants to go on a mission. That's a real credit to him. BUT someone needs to make sure he understands that a mission is not some sort of two year personal basketball improvement camp.


I don't personally know Frank nor his family/social environment, but I am guessing that he knows exactly what a two year mission entails. I am also guessing that the author of this article has no idea whatsoever what a two year mission entails.


He may understand a mission, but Frank is quoted as saying how beneficial a 2 year mission was in helping Ty Haw's develop, which we all know is complete bunk. Ty Haw's worked his butt off after he got back to get back into basketball shape. To me that says either Frank was horribly misquoted or he doesn't fully understand how little time he'll have have to work on his game.

Exactly, and without knowing any particulars whatsoever, I will give Frank the benefit of the doubt of a horrible misquote.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
My neice is a big runner (track, cross country in HS, etc), she just got her mission call. She asked me how often she'd be able to run. I responded she could run every day she could convince her companion to go wake up extra early and go with her.



Frank will be able to work on his game as often as he is able to get his comp to wake up extra early and go to the ward building - if they have keys - to shoot around.
I
IowaCougar
SpiffCoug wrote:
My neice is a big runner (track, cross country in HS, etc), she just got her mission call. She asked me how often she'd be able to run. I responded she could run every day she could convince her companion to go wake up extra early and go with her.



Frank will be able to work on his game as often as he is able to get his comp to wake up extra early and go to the ward building - if they have keys - to shoot around.


That would have been pretty hard in my mission - since I was never in a city that actually had a building.
G
Guest
IowaCougar wrote:
My neice is a big runner (track, cross country in HS, etc), she just got her mission call. She asked me how often she'd be able to run. I responded she could run every day she could convince her companion to go wake up extra early and go with her.



Frank will be able to work on his game as often as he is able to get his comp to wake up extra early and go to the ward building - if they have keys - to shoot around.


That would have been pretty hard in my mission - since I was never in a city that actually had a building.


I was in some cities that had buildings and some that didn't, I only ever had keys once. We also had rules about not being out of the house before certain time periods no matter how early you got up. So a lot of it will depend on his mission and the unique rules they have.
S
snoscythe
After a spate of injuries within one month playing pickup games at the park, we had a no hoops rule unless we were playing with legitimate investigators or legitimate prospective investigators.
S
SpiffCoug
So basically, it's going be very tough for Frank to play much if any bball while he's gone. Certainly not in any amount that will contribute to the improvement of his game.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.