Archived Topic

Best BYU Sports Win for 2014-2015??

by byufan4ever · 4/2/2015

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
This was discussed on BYU Sports Nation. I think that I got the 4 choices correct. Which was the best win for all of BYU?



Spencer Linton chose women's volleyball over Texas and Jarom Jordan picked men's basketball over Gonzaga.



Which win was the best and why?
I
IowaCougar
I chose the volleyball because of the timing - it took place in the playoff, and launched them into the spotlight, ending in the National Finals.
G
Guest
I chose the Men's BBall win over Gonzaga because only 3 teams beat Gonzaga.
S
SpiffCoug
Men's bball was more unexpected than any of the other choices. I can't in good faith pick a women's volleyball or basketball game over football. And while I didn't think BYU would beat Texas in football, watching Taysom run all over them in 2013 the 2014 result wasn't all that surprising.



Gonzaga was a great team this year. We beat them on the road in a place they they had only lost once since 2011 and was only their 9th loss there all-time. The Zags were 80-2 in WCC play.
F
Fido
Its nice to have so many big wins to choose from. :)
Advertisement
G
Guest
Spiff, your signature image of me doesn't seem to work, so I can't see what my reaction was.
F
frdbtr
Men's Basketball over Gonzaga and it's not even close.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
I don't know why the voting was closed but I would have voted on the win over Gonzaga. My question would be when was there a bigger win in any year or how long has it been since a win that big?



On the other hand how long has it been since a sports win than big followed by a loss within 2 to 3 weeks as bad as the one in the ncaa?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.