Archived Topic

Harvey Jackson Tweet

by scott715 · 3/17/2015

Advertisement
S
scott715
577662306475069440
S
SpiffCoug
Wait, I thought he hated the nepotism that kept him off the field.
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:
Wait, I thought he hated the nepotism that kept him off the field.


He did. It happened and he didn't like it, rightfully so. You can like being at BYU and not like the athletics program. It's the same thing that Carlino said. "I loved everything at BYU except for the basketball situation."
S
SpiffCoug
Yep, he hated it so much he still wishes he could perform for BYU and its fans.
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:
Yep, he hated it so much he still wishes he could perform for BYU and its fans.


You have to be kidding me, Spiff. Bronco is running the defense now, instead of the nepotistic Howell. OF COURSE he wishes he was still playing. He might actually get to see the field! I'm sure he would have traded last year's experiment at DC to play this year 100 times out of 100.



Normally your logic is more sound than this, my friend. Are you bitter about something, or is there something I am missing?



Or are you forgetting tweets like "Play your best players!" etc. throughout the season. Of course he was unhappy, and still probably doesn't like it now today.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
So true. Bronco had absolutely no influence with the defense at any point of the season last year.
B
Brayden Green
SpiffCoug wrote:
So true. Bronco had absolutely no influence with the defense at any point of the season last year.


Not until the last few weeks... if I remember correctly. That is precisely when guys like Jackson and Fred Warner started getting better minutes, interestingly enough.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
stgeorgefan
After the Byu pro day and how well Sky Povey did, I thought for sure someone would have left a comment in this thread.



MAYBE Harvey's perspective changed after he realized Sky was a better fit?
C
Cougs_Rule
Bronco has always preferred the journeyman-blue collar, hard-nosed safety. And he's turned out some good ones.

I will agree with Mr Green that Howell didn't workout as DC. But then again, so did Bronco ( or at least TH who told him he needs to go back to DC). At any rate, the whole backfield struggled last year. Even our best guy RD couldn't seem to get his stone hands to work. Howell said as much. And so did video replay. He was fast and in position a lot to make good plays, but didn't always come through. Let's hope it improved this year.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.