Archived Topic

Play-in Dancing 2015: BYU v Ole Miss

by McY · 3/15/2015

Advertisement
M
McY
BYU v Ole Miss, Tuesday, 3/17. Would be nice to avoid the 11/11 first four match up (Lunardi had us at a ten in his last prediction, which would have been nice) but I am excited to see that at least the Cougs were invited to the Tournament.



What are your thoughts? What does the match up with Miss look like?
T
tmoney35
On the bright side, the play in game is probably our best chance at a win.



I don't know anything about Ole Miss, but a quick look at their schedule reveals they took Kentucky to overtime
E
EM_Puma
tmoney35 wrote:
On the bright side, the play in game is probably our best chance at a win.



I don't know anything about Ole Miss, but a quick look at their schedule reveals they took Kentucky to overtime


That was during that run late when everyone was playing them tough and they had back to back OT games--one against a team that didn't even make the tournament.
G
Gunk
Word on the street is Ole Miss doesn't play much defense. If our defense shows up, we could blow them out of the water as they try to keep up with us.



They clearly have the potential, though, and BYU should prepare for the team that came the closest to giving Kentucky a loss.



Now, I just need to figure out how I am going to watch this game as I just moved and dont have TV. :(



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byufan4ever
What's the TV coverage and time for the game? I just got rid of DirecTV so I hope it's not TruTV. I tried to look online but couldn't find a good comprehensive TV schedule for the tournament.



Oh and on ESPN one guy said that Utah could go to the Final Four and the other said that Stephen F. Austin has a good chance of beating them.
Advertisement
S
scott715
9:10 pm EST on Trutv. Sorry. Heard it is in Dayton not Florida.
E
EM_Puma
byufan4ever wrote:
Oh and on ESPN one guy said that Utah could go to the Final Four and the other said that Stephen F. Austin has a good chance of beating them.


Watching the selection show I couldn't believe how many times they said a team was the next best thing since sliced bread. That only works for far and then your accolades loose their power and your credibility slides off your cracker.
B
BoiseBYU
It could be worse. You could be BSU playing a playin game against Dayton on Dayton's home floor. How the heck does THAT happen?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byufan4ever
scott715 wrote:
9:10 pm EST on Trutv. Sorry. Heard it is in Dayton not Florida.


So what's the best site for streaming the game legally or otherwise?
E
EM_Puma
BoiseBYU wrote:
It could be worse. You could be BSU playing a playin game against Dayton on Dayton's home floor. How the heck does THAT happen?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


If memory serves me right it seems like they often put a local team in Dayton. Didn't we play Xavier there once, which is not far from there.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
EM_Puma wrote:
It could be worse. You could be BSU playing a playin game against Dayton on Dayton's home floor. How the heck does THAT happen?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


If memory serves me right it seems like they often put a local team in Dayton. Didn't we play Xavier there once, which is not far from there.


I think you're right. This seems even more unfair in that it is Dayton's freaking home court



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
EM_Puma wrote:
It could be worse. You could be BSU playing a playin game against Dayton on Dayton's home floor. How the heck does THAT happen?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


If memory serves me right it seems like they often put a local team in Dayton. Didn't we play Xavier there once, which is not far from there.

Not necessarily the case for the first 4 play-in games which have alway been held in Dayton since the tournament expanded to 68 teams a few years ago. Just happens that Dayton is in the same boat as BYU and BSU as one of the last 4 at-larges in the tournament. When BYU played Xavier the regional site that hosted was Dayton. The NCAA tries to keep the higher seeds as close to home as possible, hence this year you see Kentucky in Louisville, Gonzaga in Seattle, Kansas in Omaha, etc.
F
frdbtr
If I'm right, CBS sports streams all the games legally.
G
Gunk
frdbtr wrote:
If I'm right, CBS sports streams all the games legally.

I hope you are. At the very least I can camp out in Starbucks for 2 hours.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
I think you should call your home teacher for help/invite.
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Pretty sure you will need to log-in with a cable subscription username/password for TruTV, TBS, and TNT.
Q
Qman
byufan4ever wrote:
Pretty sure you will need to log-in with a cable subscription username/password for TruTV, TBS, and TNT.


Just checked- apparently you get a certain amount of unlogged in time for all channels. Games broadcast on CBS can be streamed for free.
B
byufan4ever
Qman wrote:
Pretty sure you will need to log-in with a cable subscription username/password for TruTV, TBS, and TNT.


Just checked- apparently you get a certain amount of unlogged in time for all channels. Games broadcast on CBS can be streamed for free.


I just found that on the NCAA March Madness app you get 3 free hours:


Watch live streaming of all 67 games (paid TV subscription required for games broadcast on TBS, TNT and truTV; 3 hour live video pass available prior to logging in; CBS games do not require a paid TV subscription).


That should be enough for one game. So I'll be able to watch it on my Kindle. Now I need to see if I can get it onto my Roku/TV.
S
Schmoe
I know that Hawk is recovering right now; anybody with Tru-Tv feel like hosting a watch party?
B
byufan4ever
Sling TV just added the Lifestyles Extra package for $5/month which includes TruTV! I just added it to my Sling TV account so I'll be watching the game tonight on the big screen! After the tourney I'll drop the package as I doubt I'll really be watching any of these channels except for the NCAA tournament. The package includes Cooking Channel, DIY Network, TruTV and WeTV with two other channels to be added at the end of the month.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.