Archived Topic

Hawkwing is in the hospital

by scott715 · 3/15/2015

Advertisement
S
scott715
I saw on Facebook that he will be having surgery. We won't be seeing him for a couple of days. I hope he don't mind me telling you.
S
SpiffCoug
Lady Hawkwing said the surgery went well.



We also had another Cougar Cornerite undergo fairly extensive surgery this week as well. But Ungoy is also making a good recovery.



Any prayers you can send their way would be appreciated I'm sure.
S
scott715
Good news.
W
wiscobr
Well wishes to both hawkwing and ungoy. I hope both recover rapidly!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Hey everyone, just to let your know, I am out of the hospital now. I ended up having a gall stone that was blocking off my liver and pancrease, which causes an awful lot of pain. In the end they found that my gall bladder was inflamed and full of stones, so it had to come out that night.



All went well, and I'm at home now. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers in my behalf.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMi1hNTk3YjY2ODY0OTA0NDcy.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
Golly...
S
scott715
Has Hawkwing done his bracket yet? I don't have time to do one.
U
Ungoy
Thanks for the well wishes. I am also at home recovering now.



I hope it isn't TMI to say what I was in for.



It was discovered that I most likely have a generic mutation that makes my body prone to growing vast amounts of polyps in my colon. If anyone is curious, the condition is known as Familial Adenomatous Polyposis. I was having a completely unrelated issue looked at, and during a recommended colonoscopy it was discovered that I had over 100 precancerous polyps. This made the likelihood of developing colon cancer a near 100% certainty. It was just a matter of when. The doctors speculated it would be within 5 to 10 years. Since normal screening isn't until age 50 or so, this examination likely saved my life.



With so many polyps, the only viable treatment is surgical removal of the colon, which is what I had done last Tuesday. Thankfully, the surgery went as well as we were hoping and praying it would, and now I'm just recovering. I was supposed to be at the hospital for 3 to 5 days. Thankfully my recovery has been swift so far. I was only in the hospital for 2 days.



It's an ordeal, but I'm grateful it was caught when it was, because nothing has turned to cancer yet.



Thank you all for prayers on my behalf. They are much appreciated.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Both of you get well. And don't let anyone tell you you got sick just to stay home and watch BYU basketball.
Advertisement
M
Mars


Anyone who had surgery recently can watch TruTV at my house tonight.



The rest of you (EDIT) are invited as well.
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:


Anyone who had surgery recently can watch TruTV at my house tonight.



The rest of you- Get lost. :D


What if we just need surgery, on our brains, to fix all the problems up there, but haven't had it yet?
N
nuk13
Schmoe wrote:


Anyone who had surgery recently can watch TruTV at my house tonight.



The rest of you- Get lost. :D


What if we just need surgery, on our brains, to fix all the problems up there, but haven't had it yet?


Yes, if the game today goes like the bowl game fiasco, I may need some kind of surgery to get rid of the toxins.



I am glad both of you are doing well at this point and hope you continue from now on past all the the points.
S
Screamineagle
Good luck to all of you that are sick and get feeling better.This is a really nice community of Cougar Fans.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.