Archived Topic

Monday night FHE special: WCC tourney

by TulaneVandyRiceCoug · 3/9/2015

Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I'm calling an upset. Pepperdine takes down Gonzaga tonight.



BYU advances past Portland.



I have no rationale to post this other than the March madness fever just bit me.



Catch the feeev-ah!!!! Go BYU!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
I'm calling an upset. Pepperdine takes down Gonzaga tonight.



BYU advances past Portland.



I have no rationale to post this other than the March madness fever just bit me.



Catch the feeev-ah!!!! Go BYU!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

This would be great for BYU if it were to happen and the Cougars saw Pepperdine in the WCC final. You know how they say it is tough to beat a team 3 times in a season ;)
G
Guest
Wolverine wrote:
I'm calling an upset. Pepperdine takes down Gonzaga tonight.



BYU advances past Portland.



I have no rationale to post this other than the March madness fever just bit me.



Catch the feeev-ah!!!! Go BYU!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

This would be great for BYU if it were to happen and the Cougars saw Pepperdine in the WCC final. You know how they say it is tough to beat a team 3 times in a season ;)


We saw how tough it is to beat a team 3 times when we played Santa Clara on Saturday.
S
snoscythe
No way I want pepperdine to upset the Zags. If we face the Zags in the final, we're in even if we lose . If we face Pepperdine, a loss brings a ticket to the NIT.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
W
Wolverine
snoscythe wrote:
No way I want pepperdine to upset the Zags. If we face the Zags in the final, we're in even if we lose . If we face Pepperdine, a loss brings a ticket to the NIT.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Absolutely this!
Advertisement
I
IowaCougar
I'm worried about Portland. They played BYU really tough in the last game until the Cougars went on a run to put away the game in the second half. Anything could happen.
G
Guest
I've gotta be honest here guys, I've got a killer head cold, I always pick something up when I'm traveling for work. I don't feel like I'm going to be able to stay up late enough to watch the entire game.
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
I've gotta be honest here guys, I've got a killer head cold, I always pick something up when I'm traveling for work. I don't feel like I'm going to be able to stay up late enough to watch the entire game.


http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/55416502.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
scott715
Have you looked at the bracketmatrix? http://bracketmatrix.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it has us as in 74 of 91 brackets but we are last in. Any bid stealers would knock us out according to it. We might be on a fine line. If we beat SMC then lose to GU I would feel pretty good due to the top 100 win. But with Portland tonight, it does not move us on the bracket. We probably could handle a GU loss but not to Pepperdine.
G
Gunk
Pepperdine will give the Zags a game and I wouldn't be surprised to see Pepperdine pull off an upset. That said, we need to be zag fans tonight.



Best case scenario for us is Pepperdine takes it to overtime and runs the Zags ragged. We then cruise past Portland.



Beating a team 3 times in a season is tough. Portland will give us a game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I'm of the mind that Gonzaga understands that their seeding is dependent on this game and they won't lose another game.



Pepperdine played them hard twice this year:

Jan 15 @ PEPP W 78-76

Feb 14 vs PEPP W 56-48
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Either way, it will be two very tired teams playing in the final. Advantage BYU, I think. I'm liking the rotation that Rose has crafted lately.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Wow, KC has 7 assists in 1st ten minutes of play. I'm smelling another triple double...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.