Archived Topic

Like--Don't Like

by EM_Puma · 3/8/2015

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I like it that we won, even by 2 points.



I like that Lunardi said that the score of the game wouldn't matter, just win.



I like playing a team I know we can beat because we defeated them twice this season.



I like it that we're still in most brackets as in the Dance.



I don't like playing another team we beat twice in a season. We know we can beat them, but then there is always the fear that confidence can be dangerous.



I don't like that Lunardi's Bracketology has us still in a play-in-game, but now it's Texas. Texas is one of those teams that are very dangerous and having beaten them in 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons, they would have plenty of incentive.



I don't like games (Monday's) at 9:30 PM. Do they not think we have a life?
Q
Qman
I like that we seem to have a depth developing. Winder hampered-next man up is Bartley. Austin out, Kaufusi is making positive contributions.



I don't like how we are turning the ball over trying to fastbreak when their aren't openings.
E
EM_Puma
I like the development of Corbin Kufusi. These last few weeks have really shown a return on the time they invested in him when he seemed to quickly foul out.
U
urroner
I like the no look pass Kafusi.
B
BOID
I like that Kaufusi can, besides rebounding, also block and score under the basket. How many times have we had big guys that could not safely put the ball down or score the ball, but were there to spend their fouls on defense to prevent easy scores until fouling out? All of a sudden, Kaufusi is doing it all. He's become a force.



I like Barley's athleticism, and that he also assists well and even hits the occasional three.



I like KC's strength and timing attacking the rim. It seems he rarely comes away empty. He either scores or draws the shooting foul.



I like that Halford can slice to the basket when KC is out and/or the opponent thinks they've got Haws bottled up. It's like they leave an opening there because they don't think Halford looks like he can do it. This was huge in the last six minutes or so in the win yesterday. Note: Winder and Fischer have been doing this also, but it's exciting to see Halford adding to it as well.



I like that when Haws is worn out due to defenses planning and going after him, that this team has the depth to respond. It truly is a multi-headed monster.



Don't like: Slow start against peaking, skilled SC team.

Uncanny tendency to commit TO just after strategic time out in closing minutes (seems like déjà vu). Having to face Gonzaga again, assuming an advance to final game. Entry level seed will produce difficult first game in NCAA's.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Like that we're playing Portland instead of St Mary's, but don't like that even a victory against Portland will, like our Santa Clara win, hurt our RPI.
E
EM_Puma
BOID wrote:
I like that Kaufusi can, besides rebounding, also block and score under the basket. How many times have we had big guys that could not safely put the ball down or score the ball, but were there to spend their fouls on defense to prevent easy scores until fouling out? All of a sudden, Kaufusi is doing it all. He's become a force.


I'm patient with Kaufusi's development, but I wish someone would get to him quickly that going strong to dunk a ball is, efficiency wise, better than trying to tap or bank a ball in. He needs to watch KC. He understands when you should and shouldn't.


BOID wrote:
I like Barley's athleticism, and that he also assists well and even hits the occasional three.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'm still shaking my head a bit on Barkley. He's athletic, but it seems like his learning curve is a bit more expansive than others of his ability. I don't understand why he hasn't progressed as of yet to be more of a force than he is.
N
nuk13
I like how we beat by 3 points, the #2/3 team in the country on their court. This with Haws off his game.



I don't like how we only beat SCU by only 2 points on a neutral court. This after we'd clobbered them twice, once on their court. I just hope the coaches and team get up for the next games.



I also like how Kaufusi has developed into a force in the hole.



I like how the other bigs, while not exactly forces, are able to at least hold the line and in Andrus's case ice the Gonzaga game. It's taken the season to get these kids here but it looks good for the post season and very good for next year.



I like how Haws got his game back just in time for the win against SCU. I hope he keeps it up for the rest of his great BYU career. I hope his BYU career lasts at least 5 more games!
B
BoiseBYU
Like: Tyler having a great tournament. Kaufusi exponentially improving on both offense and defense. Chase playing unconscious vs. Portland (just getting warmed up for Gonzaga). KC playing like a man among boys. Bench giving quality minutes.

Dislike: Injury bug hits Anson again.
U
urroner
Like: Team playing as a team.



Dislike: Living on east coast and the team playing another late, late game. Watched the whole game, but now I have to go to work and I'm butt tired.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
W
Wolverine
urroner wrote:
Like: Team playing as a team.



Dislike: Living on east coast and the team playing another late, late game. Watched the whole game, but now I have to go to work and I'm butt tired.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

I have no idea what your line of employment is, however it sounds like you will need to stand up and walk around a lot to give that butt some rest ;) Wasn't it well worth it to stay up until 2:00 a.m? It was almost 1:00 a.m. here in Idaho when I finally finished Wrubell's post game radio show. Just think, no matter where any of us live tonight (except overseas), we can all be in bed by midnight knowing BYU is the WCC tourney champ and have their ticket punched :)
I
IowaCougar
Dislike: Not being able to watch the ESPN games live since we pulled the plug on cable/satellite



Like: Listening to Wrubell call the games and being able to see everything in my mind. It's amazing how when I watch a replay on BYUtv I feel like I've already seen it.



Also like: Another triple-double!
E
EM_Puma
IowaCougar wrote:
Like: Listening to Wrubell call the games and being able to see everything in my mind. It's amazing how when I watch a replay on BYUtv I feel like I've already seen it.


I hate that DirecTv is still a no show in allowing BYUTv to be on HD. It really sucked watching the Gonzaga replay on Saturday morning on BYUTv. It's like the TV is blurry or something to have seen it on HD (on ESPN) and then see it on non-HD. Anyone know what their problem is?



I like one of KC's assists that went right through the legs of Tyler Haws and into the hands of Skyler Halford who quaintly pops a 3-pointer. It looked almost like he had thrown it like that on purpose, but the ball was clearly supposed to go to Tyler.
E
EM_Puma
I like that now Lundardi has us playing Indiana. Still in a play-in game and still a 12 seed.



Surprised that Texas (the last team he had us matched up with), since the weekend, moved to a 11 seed at 19-12 (8-10 B12) after only beating 15-16 KSU. Indiana is just like Texas in that when they are on, they are a very formidable foe, but I simply don't want to play Texas.



If we do win today and get the auto-bid, does anyone believe that will finally move us out of Lunardi's play-in game? I'd hope so, but he seems to want us there for some fool reason.
W
Wolverine
EM_Puma wrote:
I like that now Lundardi has us playing Indiana. Still in a play-in game and still a 12 seed.



Surprised that Texas (the last team he had us matched up with), since the weekend, moved to a 11 seed at 19-12 (8-10 B12) after only beating 15-16 KSU. Indiana is just like Texas in that when they are on, they are a very formidable foe, but I simply don't want to play Texas.



If we do win today and get the auto-bid, does anyone believe that will finally move us out of Lunardi's play-in game? I'd hope so, but he seems to one us there for some fool reason.

I am tired of Lunardi and all the "experts" dwelling on BYU's "bad" losses. There isn't a team out there fighting to get in that doesn't have "bad" losses. I predict right now that win or lose tonight, BYU avoids the play-in game.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
I am tired of Lunardi and all the "experts" dwelling on BYU's "bad" losses. There isn't a team out there fighting to get in that doesn't have "bad" losses. I predict right now that win or lose tonight, BYU avoids the play-in game.[/quote] I don't know why this didn't show that Wolverine said this.



Like: Wrubell said Byu's losses have all been by single digits.



Don't like: It doesn't seem to matter to the "experts".
S
scott715
Our two OT losses in Hawaii was with KC at less than full strength. We win both of those games if played today.
E
EM_Puma
scott715 wrote:
Our two OT losses in Hawaii was with KC at less than full strength. We win both of those games if played today.


For some reason it took Coach Rose a bit longer than usual to map out his lineups this season. He began the season for several weeks playing everybody and anybody. Now we are only seeing some of those players in mop-up time.
S
SpiffCoug
scott715 wrote:
Our two OT losses in Hawaii was with KC at less than full strength. We win both of those games if played today.

And given Utah's current form, we could probably beat them as well if we played again. But we lost to them and the team's in Hawaii when it mattered most - when the games were actually played.



I think we're safely in.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.