Archived Topic

Getting Ahead of Myself

by FurriousCougar · 3/6/2015

Advertisement
F
FurriousCougar
I'm bored at work, and I have BYU sports on the mind, so I'm going to ask this question even though there's a high likelihood it won't work out this way (although it is quite feasible):



Would you be happy or upset with a rematch vs. Purdue in a play-in game?



On the one hand, I'm not a fan of rematches in the tourney. On the other hand, I like our chances to beat them in a rematch. I think BYU's level of play generally surprises some of our tougher opponents, especially those not out West, so we'd lose that edge, but I just genuinely think we are the better team.



Purdue has improved since then, but I think we have improved more - especially with the emergence of Halford and Kaufusi.
G
Guest
I don't care for rematches in sports in the same season outside of conference play (in basketball) and at all in football.
S
scott715
I would be okay with it as that means we are in the tournament. I think we could take them and get a tournament win.
W
Wolverine
I absolutely hated it when BYU drew Texas A&M two years in a row in the first round of the NCAA tournament. I say no to a rematch with Purdue.
F
FurriousCougar
Wolverine wrote:
I absolutely hated it when BYU drew Texas A&M two years in a row in the first round of the NCAA tournament. I say no to a rematch with Purdue.




I thought about that a lot as I wrote this - and I did really hate that. Of course losing that game both times doesn't exactly sweeten the memory... :whistle:



Still, I'd take Purdue over a lot of other potential 11 seeds. Granted, they're not the best match-up possibility out there, but I'll take them over a Davidson. They looked scary against VCU the other day. Then again, VCU just looked plain awful - they aren't the same team anymore. We'd at least have some size on Davidson though. Similar to us in a lot of ways though.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Wolverine wrote:
I absolutely hated it when BYU drew Texas A&M two years in a row in the first round of the NCAA tournament. I say no to a rematch with Purdue.

A&M was a nightmare match-up for us physically.



Purdue? Not so much. Not even as bad as Oregon, who we easily could have beaten last time.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.