Archived Topic

Shhhhh but....

by BoiseBYU · 3/1/2015

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
I watched the replay last night. Something stood out for me at least. We looked the more athletic team. Halford Sharp, Kuafusi and Bartley have really developed. And this team has tenacity and staying power. This is a really good TEAM. BTW, Bartley's block was impressive, but Kaufusi's block was ownership. I love the game and final score but we really should've won by 10, if not more
B
BYULV
Bartley. Otherwise, I agree.
C
Cougs_Rule
Yes. BYU all but darn near gave that away. Thankfully they didn't fold in the final 10 minutes, at least up until about two remaining. The TO and then totally missing the shot clock was unacceptable and would have been a huge criticism if we lost. One hero gets a pass bc he has the highest FT percentage all time--almost.

But, the OP really captures the concept of depth. Craigo might say we have a "broken team" but I would prefer saying that we have had an incomplete team and finally the bench is catching up and starting to pay dividends. The Haws' and Wiltjer's and Pangos' are getting a bit tired toward end of season. That's why Craigo is spot on that the MVP of the WCC should be KC!

But, our backups plain outplayed their backups. That's called depth and yes some athletic depth. Isaac Nielson is a classic example of little athleticism being beat out by better athleticism, or at least in Luke's case a bigger body to at least slow Down their bigs.

And that's why I predicted this is a dangerous team to which mark Few also admitted.

NOW DONT LAY AN EGG, Cougars.
G
Gunk
Playing Sharp and Bartley instead of Nixon and Toolson has done wonders for the team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BoiseBYU
BYULV wrote:
Bartley. Otherwise, I agree.

Shhh but I suck at typing. Thanks for catching.
Advertisement
B
beauso79
I don't think Gonzaga even has a chance to tie the game if we just hit our season avg FT%. I believe that we were 16-29 (55%) for the game and if we go 21/22-29 around our avg this game is probably not in question at the end. That 3 by Wiltjer at the end was too close for comfort and without Kyle we lose that game in OT.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
beauso79 wrote:
I don't think Gonzaga even has a chance to tie the game if we just hit our season avg FT%. I believe that we were 16-29 (55%) for the game and if we go 21/22-29 around our avg this game is probably not in question at the end. That 3 by Wiltjer at the end was too close for comfort and without Kyle we lose that game in OT.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Not to mention Kaufusi was surely fouling out in the first minute of OT.
B
BYULV
A big factor in this game was the first half officiating. The refs let the teams play and it kept Kaufusi out of foul trouble and on the court. This and I think he's getting better as well. The commentators stated that the officials letting both teams play physically was to Gonzaga's advantage, but I think it helped us out tremendously. It allowed us to stay aggressive and maintain our gameplay. It seemed pretty evenly called.



The second half officiating was ridiculously unpredictably called. It seemed we got the ticky tack calls while playing defense yet Collinsworth and Haws had a hard time getting calls on offense. I'm fine with anyway the officials want to call a game, so long as its the same on both ends of the court and consistent throughout the game.
G
Gunk
2nd half was oddly called. Worthington picks up the lamest foul. Then at the other end KC is walking away from a layup with a hand print on his arm and no foul call.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.