Archived Topic

"Nothing"... Carnac the envelope please...

by craigoscarson · 3/1/2015

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Brayden Green wrote:
The point is, you don't go from a bad team to a better team to get more playing time and more shots. I wholeheartedly admit that, historically, BYU isn't as good a basketball program as Marquette, but was addressing specifically the current atmosphere of the two programs because we were discussing Carlino moving to a team that doesn't look as good as BYU this year and doesn't look like they'll make the big dance.


I think that happens, and I think it did happen. I think that Marquette with Carlino beats this year's BYU team. Any team capable of a full court press can do significant damage to BYU. Halford is possibly our best press breaker and passer. And we really, really miss the steals, man defense, and assists. We have almost no uptempo game anymore.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Hmmm....
S
Schmoe
Wolverine wrote:
How is last five years current? That's "recent." Current is this year. He left a tourney team for a non-tourney team. Like I said, let's let more of this season play out and we'll see.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

OK, so BYU is "currently" 5-2 and Marquette is "currently" 3-3 and at the "current" moment neither team is in this year's NCAA tourney. But all this has nothing to do with where this started. Marquette is no small pond in the college basketball landscape no matter how hard you try to spin it.
S
Schmoe
Schmoe wrote:
Schmoe wrote:
He's obviously getting the minutes and the chance to be a hero for his team that he wanted. If he wanted to feel like a big fish by moving to a smaller pond, he's succeeded and good for him.


I'm not sure that Marquette is a smaller fish than BYU.



2011 Sweet 16

2012 Sweet 16

2013 Elite 8



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


2014 No Tourney, 17-15 record



Let's hold off until the end of this year and we'll see who's playing in a bigger pond.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.