Archived Topic

Favorite Part of Win Over Zags?

by Schmoe · 3/1/2015

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Mine was the defense. Smothering double teams, the late steal by Collinsworth, and the big blocks from Bartley and Kaufusi. We've developed some swagger on the defensive end, and I like it!
B
BroncoBot
Bartley and Kaufusi's blocks were epic. As was the dominate game of KC in the paint.
E
EM_Puma
The score.
E
EM_Puma
I'm still pinching myself. SMC losing to Santa Clara and us beating #2/#3 Gonzaga at the Kennel. It just doesn't seem like this can even be real.
W
Wolverine
The fact that Gonzaga NEVER led in this game.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
The fact Pangos and his wannabe Samson-hair was almost a complete no-show.
B
BroncoBot
Going right along with Gunk.... loved that we shut down the Kentucky transfer Wiltjer who just lit us up last time we played.



Also... sending the zag seniors out with a loss. I don't know that any of them had experienced a loss on their home court.
B
BroncoBot
A few more favorites.



1. Kaufusi hook shot! (better work on that during the offseason big fella)



2. Haws only scoring 11 and 4-8 from FT line.... and still beating the #3 team on their home court. Very good sign that the team could absorb that, and hopefully a good omen for next year when Mr. Consistency won't be there.
B
BoiseBYU
Rose coached the best game of his career. This win is his. Total team win.



P.S. I trade SDSU 2OT loss and Purdue loss for this. In a heartbeat.
C
craigoscarson
I think KC won himself the WCC poy... before tonight I don't think Wiltjer was that much of a question (you had ot give it to a zag player if they ran the table) but the way that KC played and the complete noshow that was Wiltjer... I think sealed the deal...
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
BoiseBYU wrote:
Rose coached the best game of his career. This win is his. Total team win.



P.S. I trade SDSU 2OT loss and Purdue loss for this. In a heartbeat.


No question... this was Goliath on his turf



BYU had to assert themselves or look like second fiddle



We were massive underdogs and The Zags had a 41 game winning streak at home and have only lost 9/140 games in that building



Our young guys were big factors... this wasn't the Tyler Haws show



Their goliaths were made to look human.. for all the daggers that Pangos has stuck in our guts.. we gave him one back on his court... on his senior day
M
MesaCougFan
My favorite part of the win was Kaufusi. Every now and again he shows a glimmer of promise, and tonight was one of those times. That swat on Sabonis' kid was out of this world!
S
snoscythe
That Kaufusi waistline-hookshot was awesome.



My favorite part was seeing Andrus ice the game with 2 FTs after the rest of our normally-automatic guys missed FTs left-and-right down the stretch. It was nice to see a kid get a chance to atone for his very poor showing in limited time in the first half and totally redeem himself when he was needed most in crunch time.
S
Schmoe
I'm too stupid to embed a tweet, apparently, but I loved this from Bartley V:



"So Frank can you dunk?" No, but I can block. #BYU #Gonzaga https://vine.co/v/O29i6PjBEPP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
B
beauso79
BroncoBot wrote:
Bartley and Kaufusi's blocks were epic. As was the dominate game of KC in the paint.


You could add in KC's block I think on Wesley at the end of the game where KC got his 4th foul. Per Doug Gottlieb tweet: " That block was "cleaner" than a BYU players urine." Had to fix "cleaned" to "cleaner" for him though......lol



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
N
nuk13
Schmoe wrote:
I'm too stupid to embed a tweet, apparently, but I loved this from Bartley V:



"So Frank can you dunk?" No, but I can block. #BYU #Gonzaga https://vine.co/v/O29i6PjBEPP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I'm glad he didn't hit his head on the Backboard!
S
scott715
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI4014cXvwM&rel=0&t=0
N
nuk13
I watched the highlights and agree with your favorites. My favorite: BYU is playing very good team ball. They passed very well and were unselfish in putting the ball in the hands of a teammate who either found someone else or put it in the hole himself. The ball looked like a hot potato and the Zags had a hard time covering that.



The bigs, mainly the big K, are doing better than they have all season. If they continue with this level most any team will have a hard time with them.



Haws scored less than half his average and probably had the worst ft % of his career. What if he'd have had a 75% game?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.