Archived Topic

Basketball practice facility coming?

by Fido · 2/10/2015

Advertisement
F
Fido
565171316806803456

Or maybe renovations? Stay tuned....
G
Guest
Yeah, renovations and a practice facility would be my hope.
S
snoscythe
The new bball practice facility will be north of the Marriott Center (across University Parkway/1700 N, adjacent to the east LES parking lot. BYU acquired those homes a while back for the purpose of building the practice facility, but BYU policy is to not make a public facility announcement until all funding/permits are in place. It would appear the funds are finally in place.
G
Gunk
I hope it is a facility. And, I hope they are going to rip out the rest of the puke color seats in the MC.



Oh...and I hope they move the student section back (one can dream).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Gunk wrote:
I hope it is a facility. And, I hope they are going to rip out the rest of the puke color seats in the MC.



Oh...and I hope they move the student section back (one can dream).



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Why move them back? They've proven effective at disrupting the opposing team.
Advertisement
F
Fido
565213261562249216
S
Schmoe
Does this mean we start to lose more games at home, because we're not practicing where we play? I know that we can point to the huge crowd size, the elevation, etc. as to why we play so well and win so much at home, but could it also be due, in part, to the fact that we practice on the home floor? Thoughts?
A
ABYUFAN
Schmoe wrote:
Does this mean we start to lose more games at home, because we're not practicing where we play? I know that we can point to the huge crowd size, the elevation, etc. as to why we play so well and win so much at home, but could it also be due, in part, to the fact that we practice on the home floor? Thoughts?

I thought the same thing. I know that they took great pains to point out that the floor of the practice facility will be a replica of the MC floor. That said, the practice facility will still have different sightlines. That said, I imagine that if it ever became an issue we could start practicing again in the MC. The nice thing is that the men and Women can practice at the same time now.
S
snoscythe
Fido wrote:
565213261562249216


"Getting feedback now that it's time to dial back rival-trolling in favor of actual news."
C
choirboy24
Has anyone brought up the fact yet that ticket prices are going to skyrocket?? I already checked on ticket prices for next year and found out my seats are going up to $575 from $350 (lower bowl, row 29)!!! And they'd jumped from $250 the previous year. I checked with Greg Wrubell and he indicated that the donors they mentioned only paid for the new practice facility and not the video boards/blue chairs. I get that this stuff costs money, but is demand really that high where fans with deep pockets are waiting in the wings and willing to pay those prices when those of us that can't afford to renew season tickets when there's a 230% jump in 2 years?? I seriously doubt it when I see empty seats all over the place. We don't have the caliber of team or competition where people are clamoring for tickets. I fear they're going to start alienating more and more fans this way. It's hard to keep working a second job to continue to support this team I love so dearly. Does anyone else feel the same way??
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Spot on. Any fools out there (not including you) who think this stuff comes for free are going to gag over their ticket prices. I didn't realize or hadn't looked up that the jump was going to be that high. Golden-Blue handcuffs, folks. The Rose malcontents are going to really kick up some dust now.
S
SpiffCoug
When you improve the game experience you can charge more.



This is a step in the right direction. Arenas and stadiums need to be smaller, more comfortable and have better amenities than they currently provide.



Make my time at the arena more comfortable. Give me more space, more cushioning, more connectivity, and I'll be willing to spend more money.
C
Cougs_Rule
Maybe so. But if there is even a 100% price increase over the last few years, ticket sales will go down. Its to bad, again, if true and accurate, that so much of this cost gets pushed to bball fans when the entire university and university events, education week, devos, etc, etc, and that the university cant subsidize a larger portion? I would be interested to see how the funding/ bonding (ticket price increases) worked out. I have sit in the new blue/soft seats the last two seasons and they are pretty good, but not worth a 100% price increase. i was considering going to the other side to the ugly yellow seats to get closer to the floor and to save money.

The video boards will be nice--if in fact they actually show replays consistently.
B
BroncoBot
SpiffCoug wrote:
When you improve the game experience you can charge more.



This is a step in the right direction. Arenas and stadiums need to be smaller, more comfortable and have better amenities than they currently provide.



Make my time at the arena more comfortable. Give me more space, more cushioning, more connectivity, and I'll be willing to spend more money.

You're gettin' old spiff.... ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.