Archived Topic

Pepperdine Game

by scott715 · 2/6/2015

Advertisement
S
scott715
Fischer out, Collinsworth (hip/back), Winder (knee), Kaufusi (ankle) playing banged up.
S
scott715
Hawes ankle is bothering him too.
S
scott715
Up 13 at the half playing good defense. I think Winder is the leading scorer.
B
Brayden Green
Pepperdine cutting it to 8 early in the 2nd. Need a point guard in there to show some semblance of passing ability. He just checked in with the lead at 6.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Is this game online anywhwere?
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Not sure. Csnba (720 - comcast) here.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
Pepperdine cut it to 5. BYU can't stop fouling on eefense. Turning over as often as not on offense.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
No Andrus so far the 2nd half, Kaufusi in foul trouble, but Nielsen getting his lunch ate inside.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
Collinsworth is a turnover machine bringing the ball down... man, I don't undestand why he is bringing it down when Halford is in. When Halford was bringing it down in the 1st we were up by a dozen or more.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Byuidaho
You can watch it online at thew.tv



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
I don't remember a more frustrating Dave Rose coached BYU basketball team. this team seriously just can't beat any team with a pulse.
G
Gunk
Extremely frustrating.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Why no foul?
B
BoiseBYU
Has there been an uglier half? Sigh. At best we get Gonzaga in the semis.....
B
Brayden Green
frdbtr wrote:
I don't remember a more frustrating Dave Rose coached BYU basketball team. this team seriously just can't beat any team with a pulse.


Rose can't figure out a consistent lineup in the last 3 years. 4 years ago I thought that Rose could do no wrong, and then he has spent the last 3 years convincing me that he can do plenty wrong.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
beauso79
The refs sure helped them back into the game in the second half. They shot like 14 FT's before we even shot 2



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
Brayden Green
beauso79 wrote:
The refs sure helped them back into the game in the second half. They shot like 14 FT's before we even shot 2



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That was a combination of them being agressive, us not playing solid defense and fouling because of bad positioning, and us turning the ball over and/or taking bad shots.



I thought the reffing was pretty spot on all night.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
BlueIsBetter wrote:
The refs sure helped them back into the game in the second half. They shot like 14 FT's before we even shot 2



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That was a combination of them being agressive, us not playing solid defense and fouling because of bad positioning, and us turning the ball over and/or taking bad shots.



I thought the reffing was pretty spot on all night.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Thanks for this thought



I needed someone to talk me off of the ledge on this issue. I hate that BYU fans have a reputation for blaming the refs for everything, but I had a hard time seeing last night as fairly reffed. I thought that the first half was correctly officiated, but the second half seemed to have us called for some ticky tack stuff, and none going the other way. That said, I also realized that we dominated the first half and got our hats handed to us in the second, so there is the whole preception issue.



I couldn't sleep after watching that game, even though I kept telling myself that 3 of our best 7 playes weren't even available for the game.



It's both too bad, and fitting that this is Tyler Hawe's senior year. He's a steady, unspectacular player who makes a great Robin, being forced to be Batman on this team. It'll be nice to have more balance moving forward.
W
Wolverine
ABYUFAN wrote:
beauso79 wrote:
The refs sure helped them back into the game in the second half. They shot like 14 FT's before we even shot 2



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


That was a combination of them being agressive, us not playing solid defense and fouling because of bad positioning, and us turning the ball over and/or taking bad shots.



I thought the reffing was pretty spot on all night.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Thanks for this thought



I needed someone to talk me off of the ledge on this issue. I hate that BYU fans have a reputation for blaming the refs for everything, but I had a hard time seeing last night as fairly reffed. I thought that the first half was correctly officiated, but the second half seemed to have us called for some ticky tack stuff, and none going the other way. That said, I also realized that we dominated the first half and got our hats handed to us in the second, so there is the whole preception issue.



I couldn't sleep after watching that game, even though I kept telling myself that 3 of our best 7 playes weren't even available for the game.



It's both too bad, and fitting that this is Tyler Hawe's senior year. He's a steady, unspectacular player who makes a great Robin, being forced to be Batman on this team. It'll be nice to have more balance moving forward.

Nice comments. This summarizes my feelings as well. I actually called it a night and went to bed with 7 minutes to go. I absolutely love Tyler and his effort and consistency, but I don't see him as irreplaceable. Priority number one is to find an interior presence at both ends of the floor. I think Kyle Davis and Aytes will make a huge difference in this area next year. I think there will be plenty of perimeter scorers. Priority #2 for me would be a true point guard. Love KC as well, but give me a Luis Lemes type as my PG. Now that the pressure is off with regards to having to win every game to get into the big dance, I as a fan can relax and enjoy this team for what it is.
B
beauso79
Hopefully Aytes can become our version Stacy Davis next year



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.