Archived Topic

Max Hall's Top 10 Max Hall Wins

by Mars · 12/17/2009

Advertisement
M
Mars


Max Hall's Top 10 Max Hall Wins:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705352096/Here-are-Max-Halls-Top-10-wins.html?linkTrack=rss-28



1. BYU 26, Utah 23 (OT), Nov. 28, 2009

2. BYU 14, Oklahoma 13, Sept. 5, 2009

3. BYU 17, Utah 10, Nov. 24, 2007

4. BYU 59, UCLA 0, Sept. 13, 2008

5. BYU 27, TCU 22, Nov. 8, 2007

6. BYU 20, Arizona 7, Sept. 1, 2007

7. BYU 45, Colorado State 42, Nov. 1, 2008

8. BYU 38, Air Force 21, Nov. 21, 2009

9. BYU 17, UCLA 16, Dec. 22, 2007

10. BYU 28, Washington 27, Aug. 30, 2008



I find it amusing that as badly as he destroyed Wyoming over the last two years, he doesn't even care.
S
Sammich
Another interesting thing is, with the exception of the CSU and Washington games, every single one of these games was an outstanging defensive game for BYU. So I guess Max really does play better when the defense does well.
B
BerliNY
That's a pretty good resume. I think the fact that he threw zero picks in the #1 game says more about his ability as a quarterback than the TD pass to George does (especially given his performance the year before).



Good on you Max. Thanks for the fantastic years!
B
byutx
IIRC, his best two games statistically were the AFA and Wyo games this year. He had a good game against Tulane as well. His Tulsa 07 game wasn't too bad (or was it? I've since forgotten all about it).
F
Florwood
If BYU wins next week, where would that fit in? I'd guess it would be the new #4.
Advertisement
G
gmj81
I'd think it would be the new No. 3. The whole team has talked about how this will be one of the best opponents the have faced during Bronco's tenure. It certainly is the highest ranked bowl opponent and may end up being the highest ranked team (end of season ranking) they've beat during that time period too. It might not have quite the glitz and glamour of beating a national top 5 program in the newest world wonder (Jerry World), but it is still a highly ranked and regarded BCS program, not to mention the final game of his collegiate career.



It wouldn't surprise me to see Max change the order up some after he's had some time to reflect awhile. But I think we can all safely assume, nothing is going to supplant that No. 1 game on his list.
M
Mars
gmj81 wrote:
I'd think it would be the new No. 3.

Agreed. Was BYU's last bowl win over a ranked team 1996? Because TCU and Utah did that just last season.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.