Archived Topic

Cougar Club luncheon

by kjjson · 2/4/2015

Advertisement
K
kjjson
Did anyone else go to the Cougar Club luncheon today? I really enjoyed it and thought Bronco did a great job. Bronco was making jokes and seemed to have a good time. I know we already know this about Bronco, but it is so much more than football to him. As he was telling stories about who these young men are and how they ended up at BYU, it is obvious that he cares about them.



For those that weren't there, Chad Lewis got up to start and said that the team is working hard and "ready to fight", Bronco then got up and the first thing he said is that "this team is ready to fight, but that they won't"



At another point, Bronco asked how much time he had left, and what his next thing was (he had 15 minutes and then a press conference) a cougar club member said that the press could wait, to which Bronco replied that that would work until they printed about how bad he is with the press.
C
Cougs_Rule
Thx for summary. It is very hard for normally a reserve, non-public guy to deal with all the public demands.

quick on his feet to joke about not fighting.

good stuff. thx
S
snoscythe
Best line of the day, which I'm sure he already regrets, is when Bronco joked that sometimes he wishes he had 19 D-I athletes on the team like Carroll HS in Texas.



And, for the record, Chad Lewis is the whitest hype-man in the history of hype-men. Not just today, but at all CC lunches.
K
kjjson
snoscythe wrote:

And, for the record, Chad Lewis is the whitest hype-man in the history of hype-men. Not just today, but at all CC lunches.


Agreed, but I enjoy it. I think he is great in his role.
S
snoscythe
kjjson wrote:

And, for the record, Chad Lewis is the whitest hype-man in the history of hype-men. Not just today, but at all CC lunches.


Agreed, but I enjoy it. I think he is great in his role.


A former player (not a Bronco former player) who was there today did point out that when you look around the room and realize that his audience is largely the Red-Hat Society, Chad Lewis is the perfect emcee, er.....conducting official for the Cougar Club luncheons. The luncheon base eats out of his hands.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.