Archived Topic

Was signing day a success?

by hawkwing · 2/4/2015

Advertisement
G
Guest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2gf-W5ufd0
B
byucougar1
Nice to see that Anae and Mendenhall can shake it. Love Anae's chop. Preston Hadley has some moves.
S
scott715
Scout has us tied for 52 and Utah at 51 with a couple extra kids. they need to take Vanderbilt off and Hosick but add Mo and Canada.



It looks like Bronco's best class. I say YES.
S
stuckinbig10country
I think it was a success on multiple levels, from the kids coming in to the presentation.
F
frdbtr
The real answer to this question is we will all find out in 5-7 years.
Advertisement
F
Fido
I love the way they turned signing day into a big event. The raps, the you tube videos, it was fun to watch.
C
Cougs_Rule
yes, good signing day. and even better response to the beating in social media and radio.

Good fr Bronco to unleash his younger coaches for raps, all coaches for social media--except him of course, bc hes as awkward on social mdeia as he is in dancing to rap music. AND DOUBLE bonus for admitting he can and needs to improve relations with former players. now, if he can and does, even a little bit more, it will help alot; and nice move to get former players to announce signings. way to fight back, Bronco.

Good to see Bronco dancing---sort of-- i see he celebrates (BSU/hawkwing video) the same way he dances. a bit awkward, but gets the job done.
D
Ddawg
I was shocked at the number of quality players - especially the ones we did not know were on the radar (Mountain Man "Mo" Langi). I am over the top happy with this signing class. Got solid LB's. O line and D line look good. Met genuine needs with genuine athletes. Glad to see Dayan Lake came back and is a Coug. A good day.
D
Ddawg
I am excited about QB Beau Hoge from KY. I've watched his highlight video and her looked good. I don't know much about him. I'm glad he signed. I think he will bring talent - and it's always good to add athletes from the South (I include Texas in the South.) That smash mouth Southern football. Luv it!
B
BYUBALLIN
Espn gave us a C
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I think it's a success if you get two guys who contribute this year. It continues to be a success if you have four guys contributing in two years. Then 6-8 guys contributing in three years and then if you can get 8+ guys contributing in years four and five it's a good class.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
I think it's a success if you get two guys who contribute this year. It continues to be a success if you have four guys contributing in two years. Then 6-8 guys contributing in three years and then if you can get 8+ guys contributing in years four and five it's a good class.


That would be a great way to judge previous classes.
G
Guest
ESPN rated the Cougars at #50 in their top 50 list.
S
scott715
ESPN gave a C+ grade. That class is better than a dozen plus other P5 teams.
B
byucougar1
Note that they don't factor in transfers for the ranking. Thus, Squally Canada and Eric Takanaka are not included in the mix.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
byucougar1
Mo was not on the radar and doesn't even have a star ranking. Take the recruiting polls with a grain of salt. If coaches say this was the best class - I believe them. Additional note, some are expected to play this year while others are adding to depth. It means coaches like the starters and shored up backup néeds with players that signed. Very confident in knowing this class differs from last two years where they were looking for immediate impact starters. I expect West, Lake, Burt, Nwigne, Akile Davis and Takenaka to see playing time this year and make some valuable contribution.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
Average star ratings of the rosters for the Patriots and Seahawks? 2.3 and 2.4
C
Cougarfan87
snoscythe wrote:
Average star ratings of the rosters for the Patriots and Seahawks? 2.3 and 2.4


Coaching makes a huge difference. Both are very well-coached teams. As they say about Bear Bryant around here, "He'd take his guys and beat yourn with 'em, and then he'd take yourn and beat his with 'em."
E
EM_Puma
I liked the whole experience and seemed one of the few (not only, but "few" does seem appropriate) positives we've had over the last month. I liked seeing it more down-to-earth (rapping) and more ex-athletes involved. Even not taking into account transfers and such into our ESPN scores, it reflected well that there was only one non G5 above us (UCF). As long as this translates into so improvements, it was a very good day.
C
Cougarfan87
EM_Puma wrote:
I liked the whole experience and seemed one of the few (not only, but "few" does seem appropriate) positives we've had over the last month. I liked seeing it more down-to-earth (rapping) and more ex-athletes involved. Even not taking into account transfers and such into our ESPN scores, it reflected well that there was only one non G5 above us (UCF). As long as this translates into so improvements, it was a very good day.


And five PAC 12 teams below us.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.