Archived Topic

Losing Nixon and Andrus next year.....

by Qman · 2/3/2015

Advertisement
Q
Qman
Seeing Andrus and Nixon start to produce late in the year was getting me more excited about next year. Until I remembered that they are both going on missions. If it is hard for me, I can't imagine how much it grinds on the coaching staff.



You finally get some talented bigs in the program and when they finally start to figure things out---out the door they go. Anyone that says the mission program helps hasn't followed the program long enough.
K
KYCoug
I know that's true...if feels like Mika has been gone for years!!!
G
Gunk
It's tough...



Assuming those two are able to pick up where they leave off, BYU's front court is looking solid down the road.



Next season will be rough, but two years from now the cupboard should be in good shape:



2016/2017 - Mika (Sophomore), Kaufusi (Junior), Aytes (Senior)

2017/2018 - Mika (Junior), Kaufusi (Senior), Andrus (Sophomore), Nixon (Sophomore)

2018/2019 - Mika (Senior), Andrus (Junior), Nixon (Sophomore)



I'm sure they may be a couple others I'm forgetting. We ought to have some special seasons come 2016/2017.
B
beauso79
Gunk wrote:
It's tough...



Assuming those two are able to pick up where they leave off, BYU's front court is looking solid down the road.



Next season will be rough, but two years from now the cupboard should be in good shape:



2016/2017 - Mika (Sophomore), Kaufusi (Junior), Aytes (Senior)

2017/2018 - Mika (Junior), Kaufusi (Senior), Andrus (Sophomore), Nixon (Sophomore)

2018/2019 - Mika (Senior), Andrus (Junior), Nixon (Sophomore)



I'm sure they may be a couple others I'm forgetting. We ought to have some special seasons come 2016/2017.


Won't we have Kyle Davis as well for the next 2 years?
Q
Qman
beauso79 wrote:
It's tough...



Assuming those two are able to pick up where they leave off, BYU's front court is looking solid down the road.



Next season will be rough, but two years from now the cupboard should be in good shape:



2016/2017 - Mika (Sophomore), Kaufusi (Junior), Aytes (Senior)

2017/2018 - Mika (Junior), Kaufusi (Senior), Andrus (Sophomore), Nixon (Sophomore)

2018/2019 - Mika (Senior), Andrus (Junior), Nixon (Sophomore)



I'm sure they may be a couple others I'm forgetting. We ought to have some special seasons come 2016/2017.


Won't we have Kyle Davis as well for the next 2 years?


Yea. And the next Hartsock.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
beauso79 wrote:
It's tough...



Assuming those two are able to pick up where they leave off, BYU's front court is looking solid down the road.



Next season will be rough, but two years from now the cupboard should be in good shape:



2016/2017 - Mika (Sophomore), Kaufusi (Junior), Aytes (Senior)

2017/2018 - Mika (Junior), Kaufusi (Senior), Andrus (Sophomore), Nixon (Sophomore)

2018/2019 - Mika (Senior), Andrus (Junior), Nixon (Sophomore)



I'm sure they may be a couple others I'm forgetting. We ought to have some special seasons come 2016/2017.


Won't we have Kyle Davis as well for the next 2 years?


You haven't listed the guy with the highest ceiling Peyton Dastrup... turned down Ohio State, Arizona, and Arizona State



You also seem to have written off Nielsen.. he's a freshman... cut him some slack
C
craigoscarson
Qman wrote:
Gunk wrote:
It's tough...



Assuming those two are able to pick up where they leave off, BYU's front court is looking solid down the road.



Next season will be rough, but two years from now the cupboard should be in good shape:



2016/2017 - Mika (Sophomore), Kaufusi (Junior), Aytes (Senior)

2017/2018 - Mika (Junior), Kaufusi (Senior), Andrus (Sophomore), Nixon (Sophomore)

2018/2019 - Mika (Senior), Andrus (Junior), Nixon (Sophomore)



I'm sure they may be a couple others I'm forgetting. We ought to have some special seasons come 2016/2017.


Won't we have Kyle Davis as well for the next 2 years?


Yea. And the next Hartsock.


The next Hartsock is a 3-4 hybrid... shooter not a lockdown inside defender
G
Gunk
craigoscarson wrote:
Gunk wrote:
It's tough...



Assuming those two are able to pick up where they leave off, BYU's front court is looking solid down the road.



Next season will be rough, but two years from now the cupboard should be in good shape:



2016/2017 - Mika (Sophomore), Kaufusi (Junior), Aytes (Senior)

2017/2018 - Mika (Junior), Kaufusi (Senior), Andrus (Sophomore), Nixon (Sophomore)

2018/2019 - Mika (Senior), Andrus (Junior), Nixon (Sophomore)



I'm sure they may be a couple others I'm forgetting. We ought to have some special seasons come 2016/2017.


Won't we have Kyle Davis as well for the next 2 years?


You haven't listed the guy with the highest ceiling Peyton Dastrup... turned down Ohio State, Arizona, and Arizona State



You also seem to have written off Nielsen.. he's a freshman... cut him some slack

It was definitely an incomplete list and I knew it was. But just looking at the list I did put up, it's clear the future is very bright for BYU bigs.



I didn't give any grief to Neilsen, so no slack is needed.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.