Archived Topic

American Sniper

by Ddawg · 1/26/2015

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
I know some folks won't see it. It is rated R, and has strong war violence. But, I went and saw it this last week. 2 days later I saw it again. It's a powerful movie. Clint Eastwood is one my favorite directors - if not my favorite. Bradley Cooper portrays Chris Kyle to perfection. Actual Seal Team 3 members that worked with Chris said, watching Bradley Cooper, they thought they were watching Chris Kyle. Such detail and research went into recreating this movie that a team of high end gunsmiths rebuilt the guns to be the actual make, model, and equipment, was set up as Chris Kyle and his Seal Team used them in Iraq.



The first time I saw it, when it ended, I sat there quietly and watched the credits roll. I saw it with 2 buddies. None of us moved, or spoke. We just sat and considered what we had seen.



The 2nd time I watched it, the ending affected me even more. During the funeral procession, I don't mind admitting, I openly wept. It's so tragic for Chris, his wife Taya, his children, his his parents and ultimately his friends and this country.



I can honestly say and believe, the world is a better place because of Chris Kyle, who he was, and what he did. The world is also poorer because of his loss. I recommend.
S
SpiffCoug
The fake baby in the bedroom scene was quite humorous.
D
Ddawg
Seriously? People on "CC" have not seen American Sniper?
S
snoscythe
Thought it was good, but not as great as I was hoping. The homefront scenes seemed like they were trying too hard--more like a Kirk Cameron movie than what I would expect from Eastwood.



Great message and moral, but just "good" as an overall piece of work.
G
Guest
I thought it was excellent and highly recommend it.
Advertisement
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:
I thought it was excellent and highly recommend it.

This.
S
scott715
Have not seen it and won't be. I'll watch on tv someday. No free time since I am on CC too much and it is R.



I've been watching Sons of Liberty since I get home around its start time.
D
Ddawg
I highly recommend seeing American Sniper. Not because it is the most entertaining, or most exciting movie I've ever seen. It is not. But, it is a true story about an American family, serving in the military, and going on 4 tours in a theatre of war, assigned to a special warfare team.



In my opinion, it's not just about Chris Kyle and his family. It about the military experience that many military families go through. The relationship stresses, stresses of combat, and all the hidden details that these soldiers and families go through. From that perspective, I will go out on a limb and say it's the best war movie I've ever seen.
D
Ddawg
P.S.

The fact that the left has gone bonkers (Howard Dean, Michael Moore, Slate magazine, etc) and is aggressively attacking American Sniper, that's all the more reason to see it.



P.S.S.

When liberals go bonkers over a movie, you know it's struck gold. Such is the case here.
Advertisement
T
tww
I will take more Chris Kyles over the people that criticize him any day.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.