Archived Topic

Sltrib Winder to play, Austin reinjuried

by Qman · 1/23/2015

Advertisement
Q
Qman
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/2090960-155/byu-basketball-y-returns-winder-austin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Provo • Coach Dave Rose had good news and bad news for BYU basketball fans after the Cougars wrapped up basketball practice on Thursday.



The good news is that senior guard Anson Winder, who missed last weekend's Bay Area split with a sprained knee, has been practicing this week and should play on Saturday against San Diego (2 p.m., TWC/ROOT).



The bad news is that senior forward Nate Austin re-injured the hamstring he tore while stretching before the Utah game on Dec. 10 and will not make the trip to Southern California this weekend.


Too bad about Austin. I am really glad to get Winder back.
E
EM_Puma
I don't know, of the two, if I had to pick, I'd rather have Anson Winder than Austin.
B
BroncoBot
EM_Puma wrote:
I don't know, of the two, if I had to pick, I'd rather have Anson Winder than Austin.

For me, depends on the matchup. I think Austin would have been to win vs SMU in keeping Waldo in check (at least a little better). We have quite a few guards who are plug and play, although Winder does seem to get more out of his minutes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.