Archived Topic

Food Advantage in Recruiting

by scott715 · 1/22/2015

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
If it means Provo gets a Whataburger, On the Border, and some decent chicken joints, I'm all in.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
...some decent chicken joints, I'm all in.


Zaxby's and Popeye's at Thanksgiving Point, and a Zaxby's coming to American Fork.
T
trueblue72
Zaxby's going in on center in Orem where Taco hell.... bell used to be.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
so we'll soon be a third of the way there is what you are saying...



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
I wonder if they get pedicures and manicures after the cookie and massage?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
AZman
I have a close family member who works for BYU dining services. I showed this article and asked what BYU does. No cookie cakes for recruits but they do get mint brownies with a couple flavors of BYU ice cream...as well as a 5 course lobster dinner. Maybe if they replace the brownies with cookie cakes we could get better recruits? ;)
G
Guest
BYU mint brownies are pretty incredible!
B
Brayden Green
Most recruits want to win on a national stage and go to the NFL. It is something that BYU has done less and less of under Mendenhall. Maybe it all starts with recruiting, and perhaps just promising them a lot of food would give us a different mix of "athletes" than we are getting now? I'm willing to see, after watching the last 2 seasons.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
5 course lobster dinner?! Say whaaaat?? I want in!!!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
scott715
If it helps us get some studs, then give it to them.
S
snoscythe
Schmoe wrote:
...some decent chicken joints, I'm all in.


Zaxby's and Popeye's at Thanksgiving Point, and a Zaxby's coming to American Fork.


I tried Zaxby's a couple weeks ago, and Provo/Orem is still waiting for a decent chicken joint. Popeyes is some good stuff, but Point of the Mountain is a bit of a drive for people in Provo/Orem.



Zaxby's was essentially just a larger chicken mcnugget. Crap chicken.
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
...some decent chicken joints, I'm all in.


Zaxby's and Popeye's at Thanksgiving Point, and a Zaxby's coming to American Fork.


I tried Zaxby's a couple weeks ago, and Provo/Orem is still waiting for a decent chicken joint. Popeyes is some good stuff, but Point of the Mountain is a bit of a drive for people in Provo/Orem.



Zaxby's was essentially just a larger chicken mcnugget. Crap chicken.


Yeah, I had heard SO many good things about it from my buddies in Georgia, but it was just alright for me. I do like their actual wings, though.
G
Guest
haven't tried Zaxby's yet. Popeyes I've only had in airports, and it basically was sucky, subpar KFC.
C
Cougarfan87
The fried pickles from Zaxby's are alright. The shakes are good. Popeye's is very good, especially the red beans and rice...but may not be good in the airport. Depends on who the cook is, like most other fast food restaurants.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Popeyes 5-piece spicy tenders combo with red beans and rice, two biscuits slathered with honey and a DP to chase it all down is pure heaven.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
The popeye's near Thanksgiving Point knows what's what. I would sop up with a biscuit, the liquid left over from the red beans and rice. I would be okay with witnessing a stranger do the same, then realize that the stranger is no more. He/she is now my friend. :)



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.