Archived Topic

Most difficult player to replace next season

by BroncoBot · 1/21/2015

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Who will BYU have the hardest time replacing? Leslie obviously was a beast and a game changer at WR. Lasike a workhorse who could take and deliver a punishment game after game. Bills and Leavitt will both be difficult to replace. C-Stew will be hard to replace if for no other reason than to have a serviceable backup if Hill is healthy enough to play. Scott Arellano had a heckuva year at punter.



Any thoughts?
A
ABYUFAN
My first thought is that Leslie replaced the irreplacable Hoffman, so he will be hardest to replace. But if he is replaced, at some point I'll be forced to acknowledge that the players are great because of the system that they're in - although I'm not there yet, I beleive that we were increadibly lucky to have Leslie last year and Hoffman before then
G
Gunk
Leslie.



IMO he's a better receiver than Hoffman. Had he been at BYU his entire career he'd have the record.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Stirfry
Gunk wrote:
Leslie.



IMO he's a better receiver than Hoffman. Had he been at BYU his entire career he'd have the record.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Maybe. But Leslie did it with Taysom and then a drop back QB. Hoffman did it with a younger Taysom and Captain Chaos. Either of them with Hall or Beck would have been sweet. I really hope we see more drop back passing with Taysom next year. I love watching Taysom run but it was sweet to watch Stew drop back and through a ball.
G
Gunk
Stirfry wrote:
Leslie.



IMO he's a better receiver than Hoffman. Had he been at BYU his entire career he'd have the record.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Maybe. But Leslie did it with Taysom and then a drop back QB. Hoffman did it with a younger Taysom and Captain Chaos. Either of them with Hall or Beck would have been sweet. I really hope we see more drop back passing with Taysom next year. I love watching Taysom run but it was sweet to watch Stew drop back and through a ball.

I don't remember the numbers, but Captain Chaos almost threw it exclusively to Hoffman.



Hoffman always struggled with getting yards after a catch. He had great hands but was never the type to razzle dazzle defenders whereas Leslie excels at getting yards after the catch.



Assuming it were Leslie instead of Hoffman at the end of Captain Chaos' throws, I think Leslie would have ended up with a whole lot more yards.



I enjoyed watching Stew throw more than watching Taysom run. Definitely.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Taysom Hill after he goes down in another USU game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
Taysom Hill after he goes down in another USU game.

Winner.
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
Taysom Hill after he goes down in another USU game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Brutal.
C
Cougs_Rule
snoscythe wrote:
Taysom Hill after he goes down in another USU game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


But of course that wouldn't be all that bad for fans, the team or the record, since USU is the last game on the 2015 schedule. I'd almost take that if it could be guaranteed that he played the whole season. Of course that would suck for THill.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Taysom Hill after he goes down in another USU game.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


But of course that wouldn't be all that bad for fans, the team or the record, since USU is the last game on the 2015 schedule. I'd almost take that if it could be guaranteed that he played the whole season. Of course that would suck for THill.


Ugh. Tough to even speculate about. That USU game has cost BYU, and Taysom's health, soooo much. Good grief, Charlie Brown.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.