Archived Topic

JC LOI Day Stoarts Today 12/17/2009

by Lawboy · 12/16/2009

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Do we have any JC LOI's yet? What offers were made to JC players that could come in?
M
Mars


I don't know, but Quezada decides this Saturday. He would be the 2nd-biggest get of the class, in my opinion.
W
wildeone
Jw, i see so many people are so excited about quezada... What is is about him that makes him so special to everyone? or have I been living under a rock
L
Lawboy
wildeone wrote:
Jw, i see so many people are so excited about quezada... What is is about him that makes him so special to everyone? or have I been living under a rock


Perhaps because he is the combination of speed and power we have not seen since Luke Staley. And we all know how well that went...
S
snoscythe
Lawboy wrote:
Jw, i see so many people are so excited about quezada... What is is about him that makes him so special to everyone? or have I been living under a rock


Perhaps because he is the combination of speed and power we have not seen since Luke Staley. And we all know how well that went...


Color me unpersuaded, but I will reserve Luke Staley comparisons until I see someone play college ball. You are comparing a guy who averages less than 150 ypg and isn't even ranked in the top 50 for his position to someone who averaged over 300 yards per game his senior year in high school and was a Blue-Chip All-American (top 100 recruit).



I know there is a lot of hyperbole in recruiting, and people like to make comparisons, but I doubt Juice is even in Luke's league.
Advertisement
S
Short_Change
snoscythe wrote:
wildeone wrote:
Jw, i see so many people are so excited about quezada... What is is about him that makes him so special to everyone? or have I been living under a rock


Perhaps because he is the combination of speed and power we have not seen since Luke Staley. And we all know how well that went...


Color me unpersuaded, but I will reserve Luke Staley comparisons until I see someone play college ball. You are comparing a guy who averages less than 150 ypg and isn't even ranked in the top 50 for his position to someone who averaged over 300 yards per game his senior year in high school and was a Blue-Chip All-American (top 100 recruit).



I know there is a lot of hyperbole in recruiting, and people like to make comparisons, but I doubt Juice is even in Luke's league.


I agree. While Quezada looks to be a good RB you really never know. Just looking at highlights makes it hard to tell how good he might be. He doesn't look as fast as Staley, I will say that.
B
BerliNY
snoscythe wrote:
wildeone wrote:
Jw, i see so many people are so excited about quezada... What is is about him that makes him so special to everyone? or have I been living under a rock


Perhaps because he is the combination of speed and power we have not seen since Luke Staley. And we all know how well that went...


Color me unpersuaded, but I will reserve Luke Staley comparisons until I see someone play college ball. You are comparing a guy who averages less than 150 ypg and isn't even ranked in the top 50 for his position to someone who averaged over 300 yards per game his senior year in high school and was a Blue-Chip All-American (top 100 recruit).



I know there is a lot of hyperbole in recruiting, and people like to make comparisons, but I doubt Juice is even in Luke's league.


Word. He looks like a great athlete but I don't see him getting any serious PT next year (or the next for that matter). Playing behind Kariya and DiLuigi (and Unga if he comes back) would be tough even for Staley. A quick glance through the roster makes me think that we are stacked with young freshman/soph running backs right now. If Juice is better than they are, then he should choose BYU and do something big, if he's not, I'm sure the ewets could use him. From his youtube recruiting video I can see why UW wants him to play safety, he has great closing speed.
M
Mars


I think DiLuigi would be the #1 guy next year, and Quezada #2, with J.J. being the speedy outside back and the Juice being the power up-the-gut guy. But I also enjoy buying into the hype a little bit sometimes.
S
scott715
I thought we talking about JC's but the Q did pretty well in the California playoffs. They went to the state finals didn't they? I don't know what division but that alone would be impressive.
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:
I thought we talking about JC's but the Q did pretty well in the California playoffs. They went to the state finals didn't they? I don't know what division but that alone would be impressive.

"BYU prospect Josh "Juice" Quezada (6-0 198 RB) ran for 151 yards on 39 carries as La Habra (Calif.) shut out Trabuco Hills 21-0 to win the CIF-Southern Section Southwest Division state championship. It was La Habra's third straight CIF title." http://www.cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1805
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:
I thought we talking about JC's but the Q did pretty well in the California playoffs. They went to the state finals didn't they? I don't know what division but that alone would be impressive.

"BYU prospect Josh "Juice" Quezada (6-0 198 RB) ran for 151 yards on 39 carries as La Habra (Calif.) shut out Trabuco Hills 21-0 to win the CIF-Southern Section Southwest Division state championship. It was La Habra's third straight CIF title." http://www.cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1805


Woof! Nuff said. Bam!!!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.