Archived Topic

Whittingham signed a 4 year deal at Utah today

by Fido · 1/16/2015

Advertisement
F
Fido
So that can put down the rumors that he is coming to BYU.



Josh Furlong @JFurKSL

Utah head coach Kyle Whittingham has agreed to a 4-year contract and will earn $2.6 million in 2015 with an automatic $100K each year
G
Guest
automatic $100k raise each year? I'll assume, that's what that means.
S
scott715
Kyle was able to take advantage of Hill and his mess. He has his work cut out trying to get a coaching staff and finish recruiting.
S
SpiffCoug
Wasn't one of the rumored issues that Utah wasn't paying Whitt's assistants enough money? So he's the one who gets the raise? I guess by paying Whitt more that automatically assumes they'll pay the assistants more as well?



And I guess Whitt getting a raise is more important than finding new coordinators for BOTH sides of the ball.
C
Cougs_Rule
Wasn't longevity of contracts for assistants more of an issue? Or maybe combined length and amount. But wasn't the OC and DC making about $500k?
Advertisement
S
scott715
How much of a raise was it?
S
SpiffCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
Wasn't longevity of contracts for assistants more of an issue? Or maybe combined length and amount. But wasn't the OC and DC making about $500k?

Possibly, but it also seems that Kyle getting a raise was more important to Kyle and Dr. Hill than finding two new coordinators.
C
Cougs_Rule
SpiffCoug wrote:
Wasn't longevity of contracts for assistants more of an issue? Or maybe combined length and amount. But wasn't the OC and DC making about $500k?

Possibly, but it also seems that Kyle getting a raise was more important to Kyle and Dr. Hill than finding two new coordinators.


No doubt. Hill had to avert a total crisis/meltdown. Nice timing by Whitt. He played Hill big time.
B
BOID
KW is a douche. Don't think I could continue watching BYU football if he were the Cougars' coach. So this is a relief. Also, utes might have landed a truly good coach if KW had left. So this is actually good all around, except for one thing: Kyle gets rewarded for being a douche.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
BOID wrote:
KW is a douche. Don't think I could continue watching BYU football if he were the Cougars' coach. So this is a relief. Also, utes might have landed a truly good coach if KW had left. So this is actually good all around, except for one thing: Kyle gets rewarded for being a douche.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I agree with this so much, I almost can't tell if I wrote it or you did.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
My response to all of this is "Meh."
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.