Archived Topic

ESPNU Again...

by billbillbillbill · 1/15/2015

Advertisement
B
billbillbillbill
Not sure how many on here attempted to watch the BYU vs Pepperdine game on ESPNU last week. Can't recall if there was a thread on this but they had the announcers stay at ESPN headquarters to call the game. For part of the game, there was no in gym noise, just 2 guys talking. They then got a tiny bit of sound but it was 2 sec. delayed. Between BYU's poor play and the horrible broadcast, I skipped out on the second half so not sure if it got better.



Saw tonights game is back on ESPNU. Anyone heard if they are attempting this again or if they will just send the guys to Oregon?
G
Guest
It was absolutely terrible.
A
ABYUFAN
I was wondering the same myself. If my reading of Twitter is any indication, there was enough of a pushback from last week's game, I don't think that they try that with a BYU game for awhile.



PS whoever suggested the MST3000 approach to the game on twitter was brilliant
S
Schmoe
Yeah, that broadcast was HORRENDOUS. Turned on KSL radio on my computer and paused my TV until it matched up.
K
KYCoug
I'm sure it's difficult for ESPN to set up in these glorified high school gyms the WCC plays in.



Just saying!
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
KYCoug wrote:
I'm sure it's difficult for ESPN to set up in these glorified high school gyms the WCC plays in.



Just saying!

:skeptic: The "glorified high School gym" that ESPN apparantly had a hard time setting up in last week was the Marriott Center...
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:
I'm sure it's difficult for ESPN to set up in these glorified high school gyms the WCC plays in.



Just saying!

:skeptic: The "glorified high School gym" that ESPN apparantly had a hard time setting up in last week was the Marriott Center...


Haha, I thought he was being facetious.
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:
KYCoug wrote:
I'm sure it's difficult for ESPN to set up in these glorified high school gyms the WCC plays in.



Just saying!

:skeptic: The "glorified high School gym" that ESPN apparantly had a hard time setting up in last week was the Marriott Center...


Haha, I thought he was being facetious.

He probbaly was and I am slow this morning :blush:
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.