Wasn't just a few weeks ago, Craig, that you were talking about how our bigs are so much better this year and all the depth we have in the front court...I jest.
Honestly, I don't know why our bigs even bother to post up. The ball isn't going there. At one point in the game tonight I watched Kaufusi make multiple trips down the floor, fight like a beast to seal his man off and post up only to watch the ball sail over his head across the court to a half way open guard. Our bigs can't score for two reasons: 1) they are never given the opportunity to score; and, 2) they stink at it.
Hard to get better at reason 2 if reason 1 never happens. When BYU is up 15 off of 3s, the ball needs to start going inside for the sole reason to keep the defense honest. As it stands now, opponents will see if BYU is on, adjust the defense to stay on top of the guards and forget about the middle. Don't blame them. Opponents don't even fall for when we fake the pass to the big posting up, they know it's not going there.
I know our guys suck at back to the basket moves. So run some screens, give 'n goes and back doors. There is more than one way to have an inside presence. This is my biggest gripe with Rose. While I credit him coming up with a scheme that gets the most out of 6' 5" guards and small forwards, he has no sense for an inside game.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] 
http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">