Archived Topic

Wow...

by wildeone · 12/16/2009

Advertisement
W
wildeone
Ok, so Ive been looking on the major sports websites and Ive been watching ESPN, and EVERYONE is picking Oregon State to win! I'm not exaggerating... What the heck??? Well, this may be a good thing for BYU, they were underdogs against oregon in 2006, and we all know what happened then.... :D
U
urroner
Not that we were underdogs back then, but the 1996 team that won the Cotton Bowl was an eye opener for many of my friends here in Florida. They might all be Gator or Seminole fans, but they have respect for BYU, well, that was until BYU lost to Florida State this year. Bummer dude.
M
Mingjai
wildeone wrote:
Ok, so Ive been looking on the major sports websites and Ive been watching ESPN, and EVERYONE is picking Oregon State to win! I'm not exaggerating... What the heck??? Well, this may be a good thing for BYU, they were underdogs against oregon in 2006, and we all know what happened then.... :D


I'm not surprised. Rankings aside, Oregon State under Coach Riley is a good bowl team. Taking into account that OSU and BYU are sitting in similar positions in the rankings, I would put spread for BYU as even at best.
J
jonnylingo
Mingjai wrote:
Ok, so Ive been looking on the major sports websites and Ive been watching ESPN, and EVERYONE is picking Oregon State to win! I'm not exaggerating... What the heck??? Well, this may be a good thing for BYU, they were underdogs against oregon in 2006, and we all know what happened then.... :D


I'm not surprised. Rankings aside, Oregon State under Coach Riley is a good bowl team. Taking into account that OSU and BYU are sitting in similar positions in the rankings, I would put spread for BYU as even at best.


If I were not a BYU homer I would pick oregon state as well. Their strengths go to our weaknesses (strong passing team, speed on the endges, etc.).



I can tell you this much. BYU's offense better show up or BYU will lose this game.
S
SenorCougar
Given the slow-starting offense as of late, if the mighty Cougs win the coin toss, should they receive or defer??? Does anybody know Oregon States record this year on its opening possession?
Advertisement
P
ProV1
Does it matter? Does some media guy's opinion have any affect on the game? All prediction shows/articles/polls should be made illegal in my opinion. What a waste of time.
L
Lawboy
Max Hall needs to play well for us to win. If he puts a TCU/FSU/Utah performance out there, we lose. That is, unless Anae decides to run it down their throats with Unga and power formations. Of course, I will expect the Second Coming before I see Anae stick to that a full 60 minutes.



I do like us in an underdog role though. We play better with something to prove than we do with something to lose. We have been poor front runners lately.
S
Schmoe
OSU just played in the Civil War with a chance to go to the Rose Bowl. They've been getting a lot more attention nationally than BYU for the past several weeks and the team that is currently more visible is the one that the media likes, it's not surprising.
M
Mars


I think too many people mistakenly think that this is the same BYU team that played Arizona last year, that we have zero speed on defense, that Max Hall will throw multiple multiple interceptions, and that the players don't care to go back to another bowl game in Las Vegas again.



People are stupid. They're wrong.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.