Archived Topic

Scheduling News-This one is actually really exciting

by stuckinbig10country · 1/8/2015

Advertisement
G
Guest
Exciting to play LSU at the Texan's stadium. Should be a great game.
E
EM_Puma
They have my approval ;)
F
Fido
WOW
G
Guest
EM_Puma wrote:
They have my approval ;)

Are you sure you can get excited about this? :lol:
Advertisement
Q
Qman
Hmm I might have to go to this game.
E
EM_Puma
To finally have an opportunity to play Tigers will be great. Texas is a great area for BYU support by fans.
F
Fido
Hopefully this helps to get some of these Texas recruits that BYU is chasing:



Charlie Grammel 6-4 287 OG Frisco, TX Lone Star HS

Le'Vonte Owens 6-3 207 RB Robinson, TX Robinson HS

Charles West 5-9 182 RB Coppell, TX Coppell HS

Trevor Brent 5-10 165 CB Mesquite, TX West Mesquite HS

J.J. Nwigwe 6-2 260 OT Rockwall, TX Rockwall Heath HS

Isaac Brutton 5-10 171 CB True Jr Ft. Lauderdale, TX College of the Sequoias/St. Thomas Aquinas HS



and make commits happy:

Akile Davis 6-1 186 WR DeSoto, TX DeSoto HS

Micah Simon 6-0 175 WR Dallas, TX Bishop Dunne HS



Their families and friends may get to come see them play.
S
scott715
Good timing when these guys are making their decisions. We got future games in NFL stadiums and a fair amount of big name programs. Well done TH.
S
Schmoe
I would like to thank the college football playoff for getting us this game. My guess is that lot of teams are going to look to boost SOS now, especially SEC.
Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Schmoe wrote:
I would like to thank the college football playoff for getting us this game. My guess is that lot of teams are going to look to boost SOS now, especially SEC.

This. I think the Big 12 exclusion from the playoffs also had a lot to do with SOS, in addition to having no conf title game. BYU is a good matchup for schools who actually want to schedule good teams.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarfan87
I concur. The SEC may not see us as a P5 school, but the other schools see us as a competitive school that is beatable, but will always be respectable on the schedule. And we like hunting bears with spears. Will LSU be the next big team BYU takes down? I sure hope not. We have some big teams to take down the next couple of years. And then we can take them down.



Also, I need to find some training in Houston or visit my cousins over that week so I can attend the game. You know, the Cougs are undefeated when my son and I watch in person. ;)
F
Fido
And to be fair, wasn't the SEC quote that BYU would not count as the P5 OOC game they were requiring their members to play annually? It is a slightly different comment then they are not a P5 team (because we really aren't in a P5 conference and don't have scheduling agreements, etc. with a P5 conference).
F
Fido
Makes you wonder how much BYU is getting. I'm sure it wouldn't be the same as what LSU gets (they are a premier level football school).
Advertisement
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.