Archived Topic

Today's Predictions

by stuckinbig10country · 1/1/2015

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
I've got FSU and OSU. I've thought all along that Alabama was the least deserving of the final 4 teams.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
I think Oregon and OSU. Watching the SEC's top teams get humiliated this week makes me think that Bama is more of a paper tiger than a contender, and FSU squeaked out of so many games against sub-par teams that I just don't see them beating an Oregon team who's been getting better all season.
D
Ddawg
All I care about is Oregon crushing FSU (and crushing Jamies Winston). FSU has been so lucky this year - squeaking out lucky wins. I hope the Ducks pulverize the Noles.
S
stuckinbig10country
The winner of the Rose Bowl will win the national championship. They are the 2 best teams.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
E
EM_Puma
I expected both Oregon and Alabama to win today. Should be an interesting title game.



TCU really got what they got (a shut of of the national championship) totally because of who they are. When else have you ever seen a team that was viewed at 3rd in the nation, route a foe and then drop back two spaces. IMHO it was because of their fan base. Does anyone on this planet believe had it been Texas or Oklahoma from the B12 in 3rd place one week before the final poll and they routed their conference foe and see them drop two spots? Wouldn't happen. It is sad if that is how it came down. I'm a Buckeye fan and I truly believe this year that TCU was the better team. I'd have loved to see TCU and Oregon go at it.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Final - Oregon 59, FSU 20. That is a righteous beat down. :lol: :lol: :lol:



Luved it. Jamies Winston got punked.
S
Schmoe
Schmoe wrote:
I think Oregon and OSU. Watching the SEC's top teams get humiliated this week makes me think that Bama is more of a paper tiger than a contender, and FSU squeaked out of so many games against sub-par teams that I just don't see them beating an Oregon team who's been getting better all season.


Don't mean to toot my own horn, but...toot!



BTW, if this had been the old system, it would have been Bama vs FSU in the "championship" game, and Bama would have won that one and the SEC could have claimed another "champion" and continued their charade. Any question as to why some big conferences were opposed to a playoff and why some are opposed to a bigger playoff were answered this week.
E
EM_Puma
Well I'm totally shocked that Ohio State won. I quit watching when they were down 21-6, but turned it back on a bit after the half and suddenly they were up 27-21. That and the MSU comeback win over Baylor was totally unexpected.



I expect that Oregon will roll over Ohio State, but MSU played Oregon very tough until the 4th quarter when Oregon finally bolted ahead. OSU soundly defeated MSU as well, but I'm not convinced of how good OSU is. To beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl with 3/4 of the fans theirs is impressive. Yet their early season struggle with Navy and then loss to VA Tech left them looking very vulnerable, but from that point on they have been a different team.



To be honest, I just love the fact that we once again will not have a SEC team with the national trophy.
S
Schmoe
Both Oregon and OSU have been using this season to get better. I, begrudgingly, give Oregon the edge, but I don't think you could ask for a better match up (except maybe TCU, they would really test either team).
C
Cougs_Rule
Toot on, Schmoe. Nice call. Didn't see that happen. I'm not sure O can get the easy nod. They eventually do steamroll in games, so much speed, but the enigma of a 3rd string QB (who looks physically like a 5th year NFL dude) and that whole team, anything can happen.
Advertisement
M
Mars
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6TqKemCcAAz8g7.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6TtFc_CIAAvQ8a.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.